Cpoying mixes!!

Mattix

Sub Focus anyone?
VIP Junglist
Ive noticed recently that sub focus seems to copying some of Andy C's mixes e.g.

1. Follow The Light into Take Me Away from Nightlife 4
2. World Of Hurt into Signal from live sets

Is this a frownable offence or do other peeps thieve?

I notice quite a few dj's tend to copy others selections, ie same tune into the same tune another dj drops !! But there always different styles of mixing etc so dosn't bother me as long as you dont go to a night were every dj is playing the same selection :mad:

Ive noticed recently that sub focus seems to copying some of Andy C's mixes e.g.

Also they both did a mix of timewarp and jump aswell, but you cant really point a finger at either as they both could have come up with the mixes on there own. Djs no which sort of song structures mix together so you will occasionally hear the same to tracks dropped together.

there subfocus's tunes so i fink its ok!lol

what the fuck does it matter, if it sounds good, do it.
i know i do, there's a few mixes i've heard djs do and thought 'wish i'd thought of that' so i just use it if it's good.
there's no rules about putting tunes together, it's not like you can copyright a mix or something.

all good in my books.

i know i do, there's a few mixes i've heard djs do and thought 'wish i'd thought of that' so i just use it if it's good.
there's no rules about putting tunes together, it's not like you can copyright a mix or something.

all good in my books.

:word: very well said, if you weren't allowed to use the same mixes as other djs there would be no good mixes left to do

Personally I consider a DJs double D's and mixes to be like a producers songs. In the past ive listened to sets by Andy, Friction etc and then heard them do some of the mixes live and its like hearing some like Noisia etc playing one of your favourite tunes by them.

Oh and as for the Dawn Treader/Follow the light mix Andy C double drops them and Subfocus just mixes them at a random point.

I've found sometimes I do a mix, and then hear the exact same mix on a CD or someone elses mix. I mixed muffler - mermaids into danny byrd- shock out on my first ever recorded mix, before I heard the exact mix done on Hospital Mix 6.

Great minds think alike!

all good in my books.

what he said.

gettin too serious... it's fucking music.

heard them both mix timewarp >> bodyrock....which is one of andy's many signature mixes!

I've found sometimes I do a mix, and then hear the exact same mix on a CD or someone elses mix. I mixed muffler - mermaids into danny byrd- shock out on my first ever recorded mix, before I heard the exact mix done on Hospital Mix 6.

Great minds think alike!

yeah, on this as well...
often i do commix - be true / d-bridge&vegas - true romance mix 'n blend.
i did this before i heard friction doing it, but needless to say when i did, i popped an instant boner and came bucket loads.

it was powerful.

my mate (who doesnt even mix) did a PHAT mix of tarantula >> flamenco agessss ago....then bout a month later heard sub focus do the exact same mix!

yeah, on this as well...
often i do commix - be true / d-bridge&vegas - true romance mix 'n blend.
i did this before i heard friction doing it, but needless to say when i did, i popped an instant boner and came bucket loads.

it was powerful.

:lol:

it's not like you can copyright a mix or something.

Wrong.

That said, mixing one song into another is hardly plagiarism considering that there is a limited selection of tunes out there, some tunes clash (keys) and some tunes will obviously work well together (drops). If you string together 5 tunes in the same order as Andy C, you're nicking. I once called Teebee out for copying Hype's Essential D&B cd. I'm a cheeky bastard sometimes! :)

Last edited:
Jesus! Calm down renegades, it was just a debate! Actually, ive decided im going to copyright every mix ive ever done and everyone andy c's done so if i ever EVER hear of you or anyone doing them again you'll owe me mega bucks...effective offfffffff...NOW!

Jesus! Calm down renegades, it was just a debate! Actually, ive decided im going to copyright every mix ive ever done and everyone andy c's done so if i ever EVER hear of you or anyone doing them again you'll owe me mega bucks...effective offfffffff...NOW!

:lol:

Probably the only one, but personally i think it's totally frownable, fair do's there's no rules to it, but lacks imagination and effort....caining other peoples mixes is a wank man.. you may find you accidentally do the same / similar then whatever, but to deliberately copy or mimic one is blatantly lame..

:word: very well said, if you weren't allowed to use the same mixes as other djs there would be no good mixes left to do

Every mix you have ever done is 'copyrighted' = protected by copyright. The same with what you wrote above.

You can't 'copyright' (not a verb anyway) Andy C's mixes because he holds the copyright to them.

i'm talking about 2 tunes together that you hear out live.

not 4/5 songs on nightlife or something....

What you hear out live is also protected by copyright as a performance work. A mix of 2 songs is probably not protected (though it might be) because its not inventive enough.

Regardless of law, copying a two song mix is fine artistically IMO but overdoing it and blind copying is not.

Back
Top Bottom