Couple of turntable maintenance/repair questions

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
I've got a pair of Stanton St8 150, and both have similar issues and wondering if anyone could shed any light on this.

The pitch fader knob is loose, could I just pull it off and replace it with a generic one like this:

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=DAC2355

This worked on my Numark Axis 9, but don't want to pull the knob off and find out the whole fader needs replacing.

Also, are target lights standard? as both are missing, and Stanton charge 30 quid each for them, and you can get Numark or Gemini ones for a tenner.

Cheers

if you use a mixer for scratching, the fader knobs sometimes fall off, the general technique is just take it off, place some tissue paper ontop of the metal prongue where the fader sits, and then re-apply the fader knob. always works a treat

I wouldn't risk using a non-standard target light unless you can confirm that Stanton, Gemini and Numark use the same supply voltage.

cheers for the responses, took the fader knobs off and replaced them with a pair from my mates broken 1210

as for the target lights, I'm gonna leave it, just use a torch if I need to and save 60 quid

my mate broke one of his lights on his str8 150 then tried puttin a numark one on it didnt work and now broke the bit that it goes in because the other stanton one doesnt work on that deck

if you use a mixer for scratching, the fader knobs sometimes fall off, the general technique is just take it off, place some tissue paper ontop of the metal prongue where the fader sits, and then re-apply the fader knob. always works a treat

yeah I tried this with the new fader knobs, and then tried the same with blue tack, but it turns out it's the actual fader that's loose.

Not the end of the world, just don't feel as accurate when pitch shifting

the pitch on those stantons just feel cheap and loose in general mate, tis the only downside of these

yeah i only gave it any thought because when playing out on technics, the pitch felt nicer

O well, only paid 80 quid for the pair, so will just put up with it

Back
Top Bottom