Couple of questions

ash1981

Firstly anyone know what label Blackmarket releases most of his stuff on?

And also im looking to get a Midi Controller but really dont know which one to get, ive been out the scene for a good 5 years. Im looking for something that i can just plug and play, that i dont have to use extra software, has headphone and speaker port. But is all as responsive as 1210s and not as sluggish as soundlab etc?

Anyone know anything about them??? Im looking to spend about £150 tops

Cheers lads

I decided to get back into the scene earlier this year after many years out.

I didn't want to invest too much just yet as I wasn't sure how much time I would be able to dedicate, so I purchased a Numark Mixtrack Pro II along with traktor. I'm really enjoying using this combination, I'm sure there are better options on the market, but for me it's a great way of getting back into the scene and to be honest I spend most of my time searching for tracks as there is so much to catch up on! This might cost more than £150 unless you can get the controller second hand.

I decided to get back into the scene earlier this year after many years out.

I didn't want to invest too much just yet as I wasn't sure how much time I would be able to dedicate, so I purchased a Numark Mixtrack Pro II along with traktor. I'm really enjoying using this combination, I'm sure there are better options on the market, but for me it's a great way of getting back into the scene and to be honest I spend most of my time searching for tracks as there is so much to catch up on! This might cost more than £150 unless you can get the controller second hand.

How much did it cost you then?

Is tractor the software required?

The controller costs £159, traktor costs £89.

The controller does come with Serato DJ Intro but you would most likely want to purchase the full version if you stay with Serato, I had to switch to Traktor as Serato didn't support windows 8.1 (not sure if that's changed now)

Im still on windows 7. Not really sure how it all works to be fair

Where do you get your tracks from? Buy them online or what?

No problem, it took me a bit of time to get my head round it.
You can download the free versions of either traktor or serato to have a play.

I'm still finding sites for downloads, but I tend to use beatport.com, junodownloads.com and surus.co.uk. What has surprised me is the number of tracks that haven't been converted to digital, I'm badly missing so many tunes'

No problem, it took me a bit of time to get my head round it.
You can download the free versions of either traktor or serato to have a play.

I'm still finding sites for downloads, but I tend to use beatport.com, junodownloads.com and surus.co.uk. What has surprised me is the number of tracks that haven't been converted to digital, I'm badly missing so many tunes'

Surely you just go youtube for that stuff though

Back
Top Bottom