couple of questions on various hardware

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
Got a bit of money spare at the moment, looking to invest in some hardware

how much does it cost for a professional quality microphone? possibly for vocals for recording hits too... one in alix perez's masterclass maybe?

How much should i be spending on a USB Audio interface?

I'd like to buy an equalizer (similar to seen in interface's masterclass) and possibly looking at a virus ti snow (second hand)... can you throw me some name of manufacturers/places to buy from.... I'm totally clueless

much love

Mics, it depends. SM58 is a classic love mic but might do for you. Perez uses a Rode, can't remember which model. Might e the the tube mix they do. Rode NT-1 is good for what it is. Probably looking to spend around £200-£300 for something respectable and worthwhile in all honesty. Check out Rode / SE / Shure / AKG. All offer decent enough stuff in that range.

From what I remember the eq interfaces uses was some custom built Fairchild replica which would probably be well in excess of £800 at a guess. Maybe more. I duno. Depends what you want out of an EQ really tho? Something clean and clinical or something tube driven with bags of character etc...

USB interface would realistically depend on how much of the above you end up buying and the amount of inputs you need.
Focus rite Safire 6 is a pretty much go to interface these days for a first buy. Thor Scarlette range is good too. I'd you got money to spend look into apogee and RME.

Digital village / dv247.com is a good place to go. If you go into one of the shops you can usually haggle a bit with them as well, especially I'd you're making a big purchase.

cheers risu, spot on!

ouch, i sorta thought it might all be this expensive, but seems its going to be more of a choose one for now rather than get a few different things

EQ/ hardware wise looking for something to give it warmth and character really, i think crispness and cleaness is easily obtainable with ur DAW but its the character and warmth your sound can lack a lot of time.

Wish this production malarky wasnt so expensive, time to sell my car :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom