Couple of dark Dnb tracks for review

Virul

Hey there,

So it's actually my first time submitting my tracks here, I've been producing for a bit over 6 months now, and I feel like I'm at a point where I could some help.
First one is a bit of a stepper whereas the other one has a bit more of a rolling vibe.
They're in private for now so here's the link :
soundcloud.com/virul-1/sets/wips/s-ORVDo

Let me know your thoughts, cheers !

Because I care, and also am awaiting feedback, I listened to your tracks. Let me start by saying I'm not an amazingly talented producer. On your track mudslide I thought the drums were good. All the sounds seemed to be mixed down to the right levels. It is a solid track. For my taste though a little boring, not a lot of fx, or atmosphere. Or even a lead synth. Alcane was much the same for me, good drums, there was some piano going on. Another solid sounding track. But kind of boring. That said, I feel your tracks overall show more technique than mine as far as your drum work and mastering goes. Probably not the feedback you were looking for but at least I listened and commented. I even followed you on SC. Keep it up, look forward to hearing your future sounds.

Cheers, this actually gives me plenty to work on.
I don't think I'll go for the lead synth but definitely going to try to add in some FX and more atmos !

Hey man, you took the time to listen to my tracks so i'll return the favour!
After listening to them iv'e come up with a few tips for you:

Firstly when you're working on the intro it tends to be a good idea to lower the volume of the drum hits and hi hats so they don't come through the mix too loud. Its also nice to add a tad more reverb to hats and the likes to add some more atmosphere in the intro!
Another thing (as stated above) would be add some more fx, things like more risers and such help build tension.
My favourite track is mudslide, love the basses in it! Although i think it could do with some speedy shaker hi hats to help it sound a bit more lively.

Sweet tho, and also considering you've only been doing it 6 months! Keep it up bro, and ya never now, when we're both a bit better maybe we could work on a collab ;)
Followed ya on soundcloud too(y)

Thanks for that, those are some really good advices !
I'll definitely look for some collab when I'll have more experience, I'll keep you name in mind ;)

Back
Top Bottom