Counterstrike - Bodybag / Mutilation

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Time Dependant, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Bodybag
    Oh my....................................oh my........................................
    Ok what we have here is probably Counterstrikes finest piece to date, this is just fucking exceptional!!

Phased hi-hats & under-lying low-key synths lead into the intro where 'Millenium' vocals begin telling us 'heart of darkness. It's my gift. It's my curse' then were hit by an enourmous tech riff which will have you creaming from the moment you here it. Raging vocals back up the aggresive onslaught until the main engine of this destroyer takes it hands grabs your shirt collar & head-butts you repeatedly until your slipping out of consciousness.
    The sheer ferociousity 'Bodybag' unleashes is exceptional from the heavy stomping kicks to the tv fuzz phaser which sweeps fluently throughout the dirty riff, you will not & I repeat will not be able to ignore this!! Precise fills & heavy angst ridden rock vocals tear through the bassline & carry you into the calming second drop (ok I'm lying there's nothing calming about it).
    Bubbling away the nasty riff rises & falls pushing & pulling
    the vocals to it's most critical point until they just explode into the sickest rush of d&b I've heard in ages.

Overall: 10/10 Exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mutilation

Right let me just get myself back together after that moment of madness. Actually lets have round 2!!!!

4x4 kicks lead hastly out of the dark hole they were once buried in, accelerating at an exceptional rate they burst from their sleep & out into the light. Snap dragon snares curl & hiss above the wave style bass that attacks steadily then retreats amongst the growling vocals. Tight & accurate hi's lash out amongst each other crashing & dropping away then instantly come back to life by the industrial cymbals & overworking bass.
    For me the second drop is where it's all at, the dirty rock guitar riff & 'Slipknot' double kicks come into play as this builds & crashes out of control & slams straight back into your face.

Overall: 8.5/10
    Pain in a record!!!!!!!! This how we love it!!

Coming On: Obscence Recordings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  2. moforize

moforize MofoTactix

hhahaha sayber, it´s wikkid how u use the dark dnb language to describe this monstruosity. got it on promo and been rinsin these over and over.... counterstrike really getting into this dark stuff!!!! the set at therapy sessions before spirit stuck my balls onto the ceiling!!!!
    big it up for counterstrike, and the review fo sho....

3. Reapa

Reapa Member

4. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Thanks alot man Countestrike have been rocking it for ages & this is truely outstanding. I think I've got a twisted side mate that's where it all comes from you should here my dj sets if you think thats darko_O