could you??

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
I know there is certain modifications you can do to mk2 1210's.
Remove the lock on the pitch, I'm guessing you can change the pitch range but im not sure.
Could you just speed up the motor making the pitch go faster as you never really use -4,-6, or i never do anyway.
I have a spare 1210 which needs a new transformer and I'm thinking of trying to modify it.

You can't disable the quartz timing, but then you wouldn't want to. What you can do is disable the 0% bypass. You do this by cutting a track on the PCB that forms part of the fader itself. Or you can just install a Mk5 fader. The idea behind this is it prevents the "double zero" problem and gives you a little more accuracy around the 0% area.

Like rob del terror says, you can increase the pitch range to about +/-12%, but bear in mind it will make the overall range less accurate. Conversely, you can reduce the range down to about +/-4%, which makes the entire range more accurate.

You can also adjust the brake response, but 1210s won't give you much of a range for this.

I would steer well clear of the first mod. There is just no need to disable that, despite what the fella says.

Back
Top Bottom