COTT

Originally posted by Mulla
Comments then people? I tried to listen on the Arena but their server must have been PROPER busy! :mad:

I went out last night, not to COTT. I'll have to wait for the archives!

I am still waiting for them to put up the rest of the Gatecrasher sets!

nooo i couldn't go :(

i had to go see my mums family.... in ..... wait for this....

damn lowestoft......

i was pretty gutted about missing it :(

at least i'm back now...

stu - currently making that sample cd, seen!

:)

You didn't miss much, it was very very disappointing.

The sound in the main arena was far too quiet and the quality was poor, all muddy or echoey. The MC's were mostly up way too loud, you could hardly hear the music at times. All the DJ's in there were so so predictable & rinsed the same old crowd pleasers. There's only so many times you can take Twist 'Em Out, Torpedos, Hornet etc. once in the same night. Dillinja & Lemon D weren't too bad, most others were :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

The music and the sound in the Rengade Hardware bit was way better but what was described as an arena was in fact a long curved corridor with the DJ's / decks in an empty fucking broom cupboard! Made for a great atmosphere!

This sort of thing reminds me exactly why I stopped going to big event like this, they never live up to the hype. Wish I'd gone to Movement instead :cry:

Hmmm, so thats COTT, Gatecrasher and Global Gathering that Ive heard bad reports from! Wots going on with our top promoters? :shake:

Originally posted by Mulla
Hmmm, so thats COTT, Gatecrasher and Global Gathering that Ive heard bad reports from! Wots going on with our top promoters? :shake:
I dunno. TOV monthly, Renegade Hardware & Big Rewind are some of the best regular nights in London so TOV can certainly do the smaller events well.

I think big do's in general are just shit beacuse there is a lot of money to be made (or lost). People just worry about getting as many top name's onto the bill to pull the punters and everything else is skimped on to save money. The DJ's at festivals usually only have 40 minutes sets and COTT was the same so they just squeeze in all the crowd pleasers they know will get a big reation.

Big events are just not worth bothering with :thumbsd:

people anticipate the big do's so much they are bound to be shit....

saying that i prefer the events in small clubs where the sound systems are perminent, thus being a guarantee that the sound will be ok...

ie. the end..

i'm staying in NYE thats for sure! haha

Back
Top Bottom