Cost of Dj equipment going Up!!

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
What the deal with everything gone up by about 1/4 over the last two years.

I got Shure - Whitelables.. Think I paid £150 for a pair. Am getting a new 1210mk5G for my birthday so went to see how much the third needle is gonna be.. These fuckers are £100 each know.

Not only that I paid just under £1000 for my 1210mk5gs know they are £590 for just the one.

I had a cdj1000 which I stupidly sold for £400 when I wasn't dj'ing. I paid £760 for that it is know £1100 each.

My mixer djm-800 I paid £1100 know £1250

What the fuck... shits gonna cost me nearly more than my original set up just to get a third deck and a cdj2000. CUNTS!

Last edited:
Hate to say it but isn't it pretty obvious.. The recession may have a smidge to do with it hehe :P

In a nutshell, people are buying less stuff that isnt essential (ie decks) as because oil prices are going up (scarce supplies) people are having to spend more of their money on that. Therefore no one buys decks, therefore the shops sell fewer decks and to break even they need to increase the price of individual units to make up the difference.

Theres a load of shit to do with banks to and dropping itnerest rates to discourage saving and increase spending.

how does the recession make the prices go up? im no economics wizz so explain this one in laymens terms for me

Well if nowons spending money then companys are bringing in less revenue, forcing them to up prices and reduce wages to make up for lost sales. its a vicious circle really.

Well if nowons spending money then companys are bringing in less revenue, forcing them to up prices and reduce wages to make up for lost sales. its a vicious circle really.

its kinda stupid cos less people are gonna buy things when there more expensive.
i hate them goddam economics or watever fucked shit up

how does the recession make the prices go up? im no economics wizz so explain this one in laymens terms for me

A lot of its to do with exchange rates, a lot of DJ stuff will be imported from places like japan etc, and because our economys shite at the min then it will work out more expensive to buy, so the price will be higher anyway. This along with what others have said about less demand/falling profits and higher markups etc means that we get mugged off basicly.

FUCK THE RECESSION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This fuckin' country robs everyone blind, wankers.

There's a reason why its got the nickname rip off britian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom