Core - dubstep (FL studio)

fEARaNDlOATHING

made a first attempt dubstep track on fruity loops. wouldnt mind some feedback. even if its just to say why its shit. i need to see my mistakes....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
so, heres what youre doing wrong in fl. i have fl, i make my dub in fl. i usually make beats and have been for a few years now. its different going from beats to dub, but fun. your drums are good, but the sounds need some work. open up whatever you want your main sound to be. like sytrus-formant. set your tempo to whatever you want. preferably 140 and send formant to piano roll. make one note on c4 3 bars long, and he last bar make another note on c5. send it to a channel on your mixer and add fast disortion. should sound really dirty. next, add the free filter. very important. low pass, Q 50%, 5.8 gain. now right click the frequency knob and select edit events. when the screen opens, right click on a spot in the middle and drag it down to the left so that the peak inclines. do it at a variety of distances and peaks. when you start bringing he peaks to the righ, where they decline, if you do it in a tight enough space and repetitavely, it will give you a wobbly effect. check out my youtube clips of the dub ive made and youll see. http://www.youtube.com/user/catdaddy270. and yes, i seriously made a d&b account just to tell you this. youre welcome

Back
Top Bottom