Copyright Laws In Mixes

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Recently my mate, who's a house DJ posted a mix on the house equalivilent to this forum, and recieved an email from one of the artists featured on the mix, telling him to remove it as he was breaking copyright. He was playing it from vinyl so wasn't a dodgy MP3 or anything.

So I was just wondering about the actual rules, because although artists gain promotion from being featured in mixes, they don't earn any money.

The only exceptions are CD mix releases such as Andy C's Nightlife series, and I'm not sure about tapepacks because I know Random Concept & Innovation don't let people post links to their tapepacks on the forum, but Slammin' Vinyl do. Do the promoters behind the tapepacks have to pay a cut to the DJs and producers featured on the pack?

There are hundreds of mixes on the forum available for free featuring hundreds of artists and songs, are all of the mixes actually breaching copyright, and no producers complain because they play everyone elses tunes when DJing?

I think on the tape packs, its in the contract that if its played, it might be recorded and sold. Im sure no dnb artists raises a fuss over it

I think on the tape packs, its in the contract that if its played, it might be recorded and sold. Im sure no dnb artists raises a fuss over it

i think thats right. anyone remember the missing logan d b2b pleasure mix that never came out? i think it was logans bday and there were about 8 or 9 mc's on the mix. pleasure and logan went mad on the dubs so there wasnt a chance it was gna get released.

i think thats right. anyone remember the missing logan d b2b pleasure mix that never came out? i think it was logans bday and there were about 8 or 9 mc's on the mix. pleasure and logan went mad on the dubs so there wasnt a chance it was gna get released.

I didn't know about that set. Would love to have listn to it.

Back
Top Bottom