Copyright Information

motion audio

VIP Junglist
Found a good link on the Sound on Sound forums, some good information about copyright laws in the UK, got some bits about music on there that could be useful, I know theres a lot of people on here confused about their rights etc when theyre putting tunes out...

Linkage

As far as I know... all one has to do is make mention that the music is copyrighted and put a date with it, and that's all that's needed.

Getting a Patent on something is a whole different ballpark though.

Yea copyright applys as soon as you've written something really, its just being able to prove it. Gets more complicated when theres labels and other companies involved though.

pretty much what you two have both stated.

and the whole popping a cd with your tunes on in an envelope (preferably with a front page of a newspaper of the day) sending it to yourself RECORDED DELIVERY and with the stamp/sticker over where you open the envelope is sealed is a pretty good idea, and will add strength to the whole arugment that it's yours.
also always back up your work at various stages throughout your project and always keep them. again, just adds strength to the point that you've made it all.

guess this only really concerns a lot of people who are sending tunes to labels for other people to use i.e pop singers etc. best thing you can do is just stick (c) 2009 blah etc on it, as it at least shows them you're well aware of your rights.

pretty much what you two have both stated.

and the whole popping a cd with your tunes on in an envelope (preferably with a front page of a newspaper of the day) sending it to yourself RECORDED DELIVERY and with the stamp/sticker over where you open the envelope is sealed is a pretty good idea, and will add strength to the whole arugment that it's yours.
also always back up your work at various stages throughout your project and always keep them. again, just adds strength to the point that you've made it all.

Poor man's copyright = INSTA-WIN!

Yea definately, loads of people slate this and say its useless, but if you do it right then youve got proof of making the tune on a cd, thats sealed away inside an envelope with a post office date stamp accross the seal. That to me seems like fairly good proof.

It's all evidence at the end of the day. The more proof you have to back your story up, the better.

Oh, and don't go opening that letter til you get in the court room!

guess this only really concerns a lot of people who are sending tunes to labels for other people to use i.e pop singers etc. best thing you can do is just stick (c) 2009 blah etc on it, as it at least shows them you're well aware of your rights.

:nailmeethead:

Back
Top Bottom