Contract Mobiles...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by inf0r, Nov 25, 2002.

1. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

My 6510 is crapping out more and more often (current fault being that no fucker can hear me when I ring 'em) Obviously either the mic is unseated, or the s/w is screwed (typical Nokia faults).

Getting pissed off with pre-pay call charges too, so looking at getting a contract phone, but with the amount of companies offering "the cheapest deal" I'm at a loss as who I should go with.

Currently with T-Mobile, decent things offered by these lot to me are cheapish SMS service (10p) and excellent UK site coverage (never ever get no signal unless I'm severely underground.

I'd say the majority of my calls are made at off-peak hours, but I don't want mental cheap off-peak and like £50/sec peak rates!

Most of me mates are on Orange, so prolly be best to go with them as far as call charges go, maybe?

Any suggestions?

Cheers peeps

Last edited: Nov 25, 2002
  2. V Matt

V Matt Member

I got quite a good Vodaphone one where you get 200 minutes of calls, on or off peak to any network for £25. I don't use it all that much so I never make more than 200 minutes of calls a month and the unused minutes roll over to the next month.

Quite handy 'cos all my mates are on different networks so I can make a 15 minutes call to someone and not pay a fortune for it!

3. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Yeah, I'm on a vodafone contract atm, want to change it tho.. would like slightly cheaper calls, but most off i need a new fone!!!!
    plus, i want to keep the same number and not loss all the contacts in my phonebook
    :-/

4. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

Just have pay as you go like me.

Bill phones are whack. You spend too much on them.

5. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

Pay As You Go is aite if u get like, £2.50 pocket money a week, to be honest, I'm always on ma phone, and PAYG call charges are gay...

TripleM: Ring up Vodafone, say u wanna trafer yer number and get the PAC (Porting Autorisation Code_) from the operator, that'll enable you to transfer yer number bredwin :)

6. WARDY

WARDY DNBMASSIVE.CO.UK

i got rid of my contract phone..
    my bill was £160 for a month... don't ask!

i now have got pay as u go and £10 has last me 3 months.

lookin back at it i don't see the point in phoning people. let em phone u.. its cheaper!

7. electric tribe

electric tribe New Member

i been on payg for about year and a half loads cheaper than contract i was with orange probaly costs me at least £20 a month less being on payg.