contact lenses

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by rob_del_terror, Apr 3, 2013.

1. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

anyone wear them? what type you got? how often do you actually change them?

basically I wear disposable dailys, i wear them through the night, through the week and for the month. change them when they start getting dry early in the evening. I have no issues with my eyes, got mates who've been doin the same. I reckon they're just a massive con. I spend £20 on a months worth of dailys, cancel the direct debit, they last 2 years. just saved £460. wam bam thankyou mam.

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

i have bi monthlys,
    put them on in the morning, out at night. only meant to wear them for 2 weeks but i do it for a month to save money, like you i think its a con the amount they cost.
    cost me 45 quid for 6 pairs

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

dude http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/

check your old boxes for your required strenght and buy on there. save a fortune.
    i get the montly all day/night lenses and only change them once a month. cost £32 for 3 months.
    the daily badgers are even cheaper off there

like you i used to leave in the daily ones for longer than recomend. then i got an eye infection and it hurt like fuck.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

could probably just wear your normal glasses though eh, you look like dorks anyway. im a model, which im sure youre aware of. big.

5. rob_del_terror

i dont have any glasses, i broke them years ago and lived off daily lenses like a tramp off super noodles.

i figure by the time i go blind they'll definitely have invented bionic eyes. i'll be able to see the pub......from here.....

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i get punched far to frequently to wear glasses.

7. rob_del_terror

this is another thing, people always shy away from their true intentions saying things like "i would hit you but your wearing glasses". always prompts me to remove them and invite the purchase.

8. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

aha! prop gag! ill put on glasses just for that reason. mind if i tell that story again? ok so im seeing a girl right now who really is freakishly strong, she shoved me the other day, ever so slightly and i damn near flew like a mitten. so, this one time, after referring to her vagina as 'an old bucket she probably got a lot of milage out of', when she was about to rage, i turned round, put on glasses, turned back and said 'you wouldnt hit a man with glasses, would you?' (batman 1 quote, jack nicholson, so rad words fail me) PROP JOKE HARGLE HARGLE

9. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I only ever wear contacts when i go out. Cant deal with them at work cos of the air con etc, after 10 minutes sitting in the office a blink is like dragging my eyelids across sandpaper.

But yeah, i'll buy 30 pairs and they'll last me like 6 months. I get the acuvue moist dailies. Whip em out and stick them in solution etc can get a good few days out of a pair. Dont wear them at night though, pointless and painful.

10. rob_del_terror

might give this a trail run. my eyes are dry for about 3-5 minutes when i wake up, its no biggie.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  11. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i dunno how u guys can put contacts in... let alone try n rescue one from the back of ur brain.

if i ever need glasses. ima laser the fuck out me eyes.

DeeGun likes this.
  12. Rusket

Rusket Mix an blend

Yeah I buy daysoft contact lenses I think it's like 10-15 quid for a months worth. Fuck wearing them all the time though, my eyes get dry after about 8 hours of wearing them.

But sleeping with them in? Fuck that man, the only ever times I have done that is when I have been so mashed I just forgot to take them out and in the morning it's like peeling a sticker off the surface of my eye, not pleasant.

I wouldn't like to use the same pair for more than one day though even if I put them in saline solution, I find that mine start to weaken and rip in places, quite uncomfortable.

I was speaking to a mate the other day and it's actually a lot cheaper in the long run to get laser eye surgery than it is to buy contact lenses every month and replace glasses every few years.

13. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

Was thinking of starting to get mine from there but for 3 months worth at £87 Costco is cheaper at £55.

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

same here, I just stay blind because I refuse wearing glasses aswell :teeth:

15. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

[​IMG]

16. djemz

djemz Member

er I don't think it works like that, I get 10 pairs a month for £8 from Specsavers, even at that I managed a stockpile so just pause it then start again when needed. It's also good as I get free eye tests as they brought in a new rule so anyone on their contact lens scheme is valid for a free eye test (normal and contact check up)

But yeah, don't mess around with your eyes, I saw some terrible story on TV about a lady who lost her eye :/