DnB Constructive criticism

ifanmusic

I put this post up a few times last night but there was some issue with copyright (presumably because of some algorithm that Soundcloud use) so the track kept on being taken down off Soundcloud resulting in me having to delete the post. What do we think - how could I improve it etc?

Cheers all
(Edit: moved to right sub-section and revisited the track)

Last edited:
i wouldnt have that one note bass sound everytime man and the background piano it just reapeats throughout the song, just need a switch up thats all, not sure if you used a loop but get some other sounds in there, different bass lines, change up the drums like fills. the variation you have with the sounds like at 1:44 are good you need more of that youve gotta keep the interest up bro. drums are not bad! id get a bit more mids in that snare just to toughen it up, like add another quick percussion hit they work well when you dont wanna change the tone or sound of the original snare much. hope this helps mate

I know what you mean about variation so I'm gonna mess around with the piano bit and bass. Drum fills is a good idea too and one that I don't use enough but I can hear the track in my head with some fills sounding pretty good so I'll have to chuck some in! Cheers mate.

This progresses and transitions really nicely man and the ideas you have here are solid - just in need a of a little bit more, maybe try get some inspiration from the piano pattern for your bassline as there's loads going on there! Drums definitely need some more punch as well, and sound like the could do with one or two more elements and maybe some variation in the pattern every so often - you experimented with layering a break in there?

Cheers Misti! I'm not very good with drums. I know with layering breaks you're supposed to EQ out certain frequencies to prevent clash but I really struggle to get it to sound good. I should probably have a bit more going on in the bass - I'll give that a go.

The tunes real nice man, I thought i was gonna hear a little drum fill/stop kinda thing before the bass drop! would of been nice, for me that is. but the variation is much better man its full of interest and keeps me engaged, songs pretty catchy, good work!

Yeah I have to agree there's definitely a lot more engagement to be found in this tune, diggin the vibes. The slower version definitely sounds better too!

The tunes real nice man, I thought i was gonna hear a little drum fill/stop kinda thing before the bass drop! would of been nice, for me that is. but the variation is much better man its full of interest and keeps me engaged, songs pretty catchy, good work!

Yeah I have to agree there's definitely a lot more engagement to be found in this tune, diggin the vibes. The slower version definitely sounds better too!
Cheers guys!

Sounding much improved. The main break is a little lack lustre for me and due to that the whole thing sounds like an intro that never really delivers. Liking the emotion and atmosphere though.

Not a production guru by any means but I would take a look at some bus or glue compression to try and make the breaks have a more consistent feel. They all sound very distinct when they come in.

To be honest I put this on and then forgot I was listening to give feedback. It sounds like a long intro. Personally I think it could use a bassline, more details, more melody. Not bad though, it just needs more. You've got the atmoshperics down so far.

Back
Top Bottom