DnB constructive criticism for newbie

Pretty cool track, man! I like the synth at the start. Constructive criticism? Hmmm. The second drop the bass could be changed a bit. Those vocals could do with more reverb, that's my opinion. I like reverb a lot when it comes to tracks, lol. Just the "Ahhhhh" that fades in, would sound nice with some reverb, with the decay turned up a fair amount. Good job, man.

bring the drums up a tad, make some eq room for the punch and snap in the snare (200hz and upward round 3500 and 8000hz) in the basslines and synths so the snare can cut though more. liking the synths, bassline is very unique! definitely a good track in the making here. maybe what you need is not so much more verb, try adding white noise in the back to act as a filler, eqed well and mixed in can really create warmth. a final tip here would be to add some breaks in the back hipassed a tad as an effort to make the drums "roll". well, best of luck, and cheers!

Very nice. Liking it a lot more now! When you turn up the basses cutoff, open another cut off in the Daw, and wave the automation, quickly - Giving it that neurofunk bass wobble. But for a break. That was a random idea.

I like the song, relaxing. Ambient. But still keeps you up and going. I like it, man. Good job, sir. The drums louder would be nice too, and you could even sidechain that sub bass for a bit, or even side chain the vocal and spread it way out, and have it come in like this on a cut off automation.
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \

If you get me, but more circular, more flowing instead of just that short, quick sound, give it a slow relaxing ambient feeling on the vocal. You might have to turn the decay up on your reverb to spread the vocal too, but keep it nice and soft.

I hope that made sense. Good job, man.

I really like this to be honest! The drums are crispy and nice, my personal opinion is that the snare doesn't always have to be all that punchy. Altho theres something bugging me about that kick. I would enhance the low end of it with some distortion or something to bring that out of the kick.

But yeah, good work. You got a lot of variations all the time that keeps it interesting as well, had to credit you on that. Keep at it :)

Back
Top Bottom