Constant pitch changes in Traktor Help!

Kevdino

Howdy all.

I've been trying to steer away from purchasing vinyl lately so I've gone back to use Traktor Scratch, however Ive noticed that on my left deck the Pitch is constantly adjusting itself by .1, to the point that it's never set at one speed.

Now I also noticed that Im having quite a hard time beatmatching with traktor when in comparison to using vinyl (on the same decks) which leads to me assumes its not something specifically wrong with the deck, but either:

a) im having trouble adjusting from Vinyl (and that .1 pitch change is so minor it would have no effect) OR

b) there is some sort of issue between the computer and the audio 8 soundcard.

If anyone has any Ideas let me know, thanks.

hahaha top man joey :D

not totally sure with this though. mine does it but i put it down to my raped laptop. is your laptop in decent condition? the only thing i did to ease it was go into the settings and change the deck cache size, ive no idea what this actually does but it made it a bit better i think. do you use the keylock much? i find this is a bit temperamental, maybe fiddle with the keylock settings too. also, i turn everything else off when using traktor because it's well resource hungry. these all help a bit but aren't proper fixes

maybe try the NI user forums, i'd be well interested to know how to sort it :confused:

Mine has always done this and I have never had any problems. I would say the difficulty in beatmatching is the shock of coming from vinyl to Traktor scratch man.

How does using a correctly functioning Traktor effect beatmatching in anyway shape or form? Its using a timecoded vinyl which only changes pitch when you do, so the turntables are acting EXACTLY the same as before surely? I think its gotta be physcological to a certain extent, unless it's not running correctly which god knows how you can be sure unless you have a dedicated laptop or something.

Just throwing a few things out there, correct me if i'm wrong on any of that please :)

How does using a correctly functioning Traktor effect beatmatching in anyway shape or form? Its using a timecoded vinyl which only changes pitch when you do, so the turntables are acting EXACTLY the same as before surely? I think its gotta be physcological to a certain extent, unless it's not running correctly which god knows how you can be sure unless you have a dedicated laptop or something.

Just throwing a few things out there, correct me if i'm wrong on any of that please :)

Mine was affected because when i moved the pitch up on my deck it would drag along on traktor, sort of like on a belt drive getting up to speed. Once it was at speed, the bpm was ever changing, constantly flicking between maybe .25%. After I cleaned my laptop up and fiddled with some settings it reduced to maybe .10/.15%. It doesn't make much difference, it's just inconvienient to have to keep nudging the pitch.
I'd say there is definitely a psychological aspect to it, maybe because you are putting a visual onto a predominantly aural thing? I think my main problem is the laptop im running it on. Fuck knows :confused:

Thanks all for the replies,

Ive been using traktor more now and I've noticed my mixing its slowly getting back to par, so i think its safe to assume it was more so the issue of me coming from vinyl rather than an actual software/hardware problem.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, Mine flits from say 87.90 bpm to 88.10. I swear it didn't use to.

My laptop is a pretty new sony vaio with vista. I've turned all the vista shite off, so it looks more like 98, haven't turned the hyperthreading off yet. Mainly coz I can't figure out how to.

Does anyone else have a problem with the decks thinking they are turning the opposite way. Sometimes this happens to me on 1st start up and I have to close and restart the program

Back
Top Bottom