Connecting up a turntable to a mixer cd (line) input

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
So my mixer only has 2 phono inputs, but I want to add a 3rd deck to my setup. I've had a look round and these seem to be the right thing to convert phono to CD input: http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR155277

has anyone ever used one of these? or does anyone know if there are any better ones available for the price?

Cheers

Dude for the amount of time and effort it'd take to make that just spend £20 (y)

... thats if you were considering making one of course lol

haha fuck that! I just googled DIY preamp out of interest, just in case it'd be something like that DIY serato thing that some people have done (pretty easy and a lot cheaper). That circuit diagram thing looks horrendous..

Bumpin this to check i will deffinatly need to get a preamp to run a 3rd 1210 into a xone 42??? If so how bad is the sound quality loss through a pre amp? Worth worrying about?

Yes you definately need a preamp. If you had a Stanton ST150 (or certain other tables) instead they have their own internal preamp which gets around the problem.

Don't worry about sound quality. A decent external preamp will sound better than most of the preamps they put into DJ mixers.

Back
Top Bottom