Connecting up a turntable to a mixer cd (line) input

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
So my mixer only has 2 phono inputs, but I want to add a 3rd deck to my setup. I've had a look round and these seem to be the right thing to convert phono to CD input: http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR155277

has anyone ever used one of these? or does anyone know if there are any better ones available for the price?

Cheers

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
Dude for the amount of time and effort it'd take to make that just spend £20 (y)

... thats if you were considering making one of course lol
haha fuck that! I just googled DIY preamp out of interest, just in case it'd be something like that DIY serato thing that some people have done (pretty easy and a lot cheaper). That circuit diagram thing looks horrendous..

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
Bumpin this to check i will deffinatly need to get a preamp to run a 3rd 1210 into a xone 42??? If so how bad is the sound quality loss through a pre amp? Worth worrying about?

DTR

the village idiot
VIP Junglist
Bumpin this to check i will deffinatly need to get a preamp to run a 3rd 1210 into a xone 42??? If so how bad is the sound quality loss through a pre amp? Worth worrying about?
Yes you definately need a preamp. If you had a Stanton ST150 (or certain other tables) instead they have their own internal preamp which gets around the problem.

Don't worry about sound quality. A decent external preamp will sound better than most of the preamps they put into DJ mixers.