connecting laptop directly to monitors?? (krk's)

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by EvezDroppin, Feb 25, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

can any1 help me with the right lead I need or whatever I need so I can connect my laptop for producing directly to my krk rp8's?

at the minute i run it through the mixer and the sound is really distorted because of the extra bass comin from the mixer!!
    if the speakers were combined into one cable it would be simple, do i need a splitter lead for them?

cheers

2. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Why is there "extra bass" coming from your mixer? You should set all the EQ's on your mixer flat if you've got production in mind. Most standard laptops soundcard outputs will be on a 1/8 inch jack, so you'll need a lead with a stereo 1/8" jack at one end, that splits into two normal 1/4inch jacks at the other (presuming your krk's have jack inputs, you havnt really left many details?)

Have a look at studio spares site, they'll have what you need. Linkage

3. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

I'm not sure why theres extra bass, the eqs are flat but it sounds really bad but when i play it through my stereo or my mates monitors it sounds spot on.
    I think it might be the lead thats bad quality, tbh im not entirely sure why!!!

the speakers have xlr sockets and the standard 1/4inch jacks i think yeah.

nice one man!

4. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

See if you can find anyone with a basic audio interface and try using that in your setup instead of your on-board card, anything that doesnt sit inside the computer itself will do just for a check, laptops are quite bad for noisy/bad quality soundcards, might be where your problem is.

5. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I run my krk's from my soundcard out to my mixer and its fine. Are you getting a crackle?..