Connecting a laptop to a TV?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D BREAKNECK, Aug 12, 2009.

1. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Right, I've got a laptop (with no TV out connector) which I'm tryna connect to the telly for MAME and watching DL'd movies.

I've got a 'monitor out to S-TV' lead which should work as far as I know, but so far nothing, I've been thru all the input channels option on the TV and fiddled with the obvious output / 2nd monitor options on the laptop.

Guessing it's something really easy, anyone know?:confused:

Cheers!

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

I connect mine via a VGA cable, straight in and change the source on the TV, if you want to go via S-Video into your tele there is a setting you need to change on your lappy, plus you need to change the souce on your goggle box to S-Video. i will find out what the setting is now, what laptop do you use? leave it with me

3. D BREAKNECK

Cheers fella. It's Packard Bell laptop with Windows xp, will have to check other details once I get home. Got the TV channel set to S-Video, so at least I managed the first bit...:rolleyes:

4. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

hahaha...right, if ya right click ya desktop, click display properties there should be a an S-Video setting in there that will activate S-Video out.

identifiy the 2 screens....

[​IMG]

right click on the one that has the big 2 on it and there should be and set it to S-Vid, it should replicate what is on your lappy screen to ya box mate...

check this for help...over and out....

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/8829/76263.html

5. D BREAKNECK

Cheers!

Talk about service.:)

6. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Do the above, failing that:

Many laptops have a special "Fn" key. Have a look at the F keys and they'll often have a second function that can be accessed by pressing Fn-F whatever. One of these will be to try and connect to a second monitor/tv-out.

On Dells, for example, it would be Fn+F8. Try it.