Conclude - Go 2 Bed

conclude

Conclude - Go 2 Sleep

It's not done yet. Before I add the last touches and the bass I would like some opinions. Which part sucks, which is better, what to lose, what to add etc.

This one was an attempt at darkstep. Guess it ain't that dark though, since the rolls were not that much chromatic and dissonant. But I'm trying to learn.

All kinda criticism will be appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/conclude/go2sleep

:spam_sign

edit: I've used the Helicoptor break.

Last edited:
the idea behind this is very solid, but on my system it is blowing the doors off. the bass clips so hard when the track drops - i think this is in need of a mixdown!

i like the melodies and switches. i think the drums are decent, could use a bit more impact though. sounds like it's on it's way to being a decent tune...

You mean the bass is too high or that it clicks? And yeah, the track needs some mixing indeed. I've barely looked at the bass throughout the song. Nasty crap.

And thx alot. What kind of impact are you after? Just a bit louder, or more descant?

I'd agree that the bass it either too loud and being clipped or has too much bass or damage on the distortion something like that. I too was expecting a big nasty growler to come in and chew the face off me. Sounded like it was all building up to that but didn't come in. Basis of a good track is there though, good work so far I'd say maybe minus the mixing.

Thanks, mate. I'll start by mixing the bass down and adding some new sequences to it, then perhaps see if I could add some more ravage to the end of the song.

cool tune, the bass doesnt go well with it though, its definately got to much something, couldnt tell you what, and it leaves alot to be desired as part of the track. other than that. i like the sounds :)

couldnt hear it properly due to too much and too distorted bass. from what i could hear after turning it WAY down, the snare is lacking substance, hats are fine and the kick is way too distorted aswell.

liking the melodies and the idea tho. get yourself a pair of monitors or decent headphones, will help you heaps!

started clipping big time around 42s in, so couldnt really tell what was happening. some of the melodies were quite nice but not dark enough for darkstep, once its mixed properly could be nice choon.

Tyvm fellaz, great deal of criticism here -- great forum.

I agree that the bass is lacking, but my woofer is too. I have it at max and it doesn't clip, which kind of sucks in this case. Also, my sound system is not the best. Like groelle said, I should get a pair of good headphones, will probably do the trick. Good point.

Maybe it's the main drop kick that messes up the bass? It's really got big bass. I have an equalizer to the auxiliary that I can distort it with.

I keep thinking what I should add. Maybe a nuking, more dissonant drop before the end of the song? To put some rest to the urges that the build-ups create. And also to earn the 'darkstep' title. Heh.

Also, how do I add substance to the snare? Shove in another one behind it?

Last edited:
Tried that now. Dunno if I can make the tune more dissonant now, it will kinda make it sound much different than the rest of the song. So maybe it's a failed attempt on darkstep. Hell. :)

Ok, so I've:
  • ... added a new drop (with a new loop also)
  • ... added new sub bass sequences and mastered it down
  • ... tried to add more substance to the snare (yet to see if I have succeeded)
  • ... mastered down the kicks (and pulled down the distortion)

Here's where I am now (just replaced the audio file):
http://soundcloud.com/conclude/go2sleep

Back
Top Bottom