Computer Music November - VIP SERIES: OPTIV & BTK 800 free samples

Re: Computer Music November - VIP SERIES: OPTIV & BTK 800 free samples

Ooh a "to sample or not to sample" argument. Interesting. Personally I favor it; it's tough as shit to make your own custom samples AND make enough of them to compose a full tune. A little too much time actually. There are things I'll always try to make from scratch: atmospheric pads, some leads, parts of the bass maybe.

But making everything from scratch and expecting to finish it in a reasonable amount of time,...hell no. You'd need decades of experience and a lot of free time to do that, and I have neither.

Besides like you all have been saying, it's more about what you do with the sample, have fun with that shit, don't just use it dry. Push the sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Somewhat true. The initial parts of them, absolutely, but you know they resample and process them to hell and back, right ;)?

Either that, or they have multiple instances of multiple synths open at once and all filters/eqs/effects/compressors lined up on individually routed buses, which is just too resource-heavy for some of us to pull off.

Lol there is no arguement... Idc if anyone uses samples I use em myself

Whilst we're on the topic of CM.

The new issue has a BSE tutorial video if I recall correctly.

If anyone uses samples other then their own... please be prepared for monkeys to gather outside of your door with feces to throw as protest......

With banana weapons that zap you with pottassium... cause youre doing something right when youre sampling.. you need potassium for a healthy brain! They are just only protesting throwing feces at a monkey law by the government that was passed saying monkeys cannot throw feces in public anymore....

thats what i think bout sampling... LOL!!!! hahahaha <3 :boobies:

You only think that, go and get some bannanas ;)

I just picked up a bunch of the bhk samples..... glad i did as these are some of the best tools out there for making filthy beats. yes, they are TOOLS to help with creation of your own sounds.Understanding the resampling process helps you to understand drum and bass that much more.
Also, BHK has amazing customer service as i had a problem with the download and it was sorted within a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom