Compressor problem

Just some info: I've compressed the amen by parts and WOWIE :D I must say I am very much impressed.
I guess compression by parts is really nice, although compression on the whole thing is terrible.
Another note is that I've switched all my compression into limiters and started working with levels of sound like that.
I am kind of lost in this area for now, but it is something I want to work on more.
Thank again for all your tips people! I hope to get a clean sound of my tune asap.

Sounding better overall in terms of compression...

Those glitches sound like CPU spikes, or Reason's running out of Rewire bandwidth... Tried rendering it without preview?

Btw, that drumkit you can hear at 1;45 - where'd you get it? :D Sounds reminiscent of something I've heard in the past...

Hmminteresting, in theory CPU spikes shouldn't affect an offline render...

I would try only enabling 1 (or 2 for stereo) rewire channels at a time and rendering to several .wav files, then doing a second mixdown of those files in cubase...

Sounding much heavier though, tramens need to come through more :D

Heya Mates! I haven't compressed a thing and it sounds better? :D LOL Then cubase is a total must for me :D
But the problem with glitches is very painful, because if I won't solve it, then I am doomed forever.
Rendering split waves is no good, because that would take a huge load of time and I must know if it is any good.
I wish I was more educated in cubase, but I am not :(
Thank you all for your help!!! It is and was greatly appreciated. I will be working on the tune more and will release a full version soon with pre-mastering. I wish in cubase :D

Also is there a way to modify two reason channels at the same time in Cubase like LEFT & RIGHT, because it is really hard to modify those separatly.
:rosie:

Last edited:
xen said:
Btw, that drumkit you can hear at 1;45 - where'd you get it? :D Sounds reminiscent of something I've heard in the past...

Those are different breaks mixed togther with different samples and eq'd to get a new one. :lickface: You want to know the names?

hey man few things to try -

adjust the latency on your sound card for later (dont matter unless youre playing 'live'

get rid of as much background processes when your writing tunes, no internet, etc..

if its windows, try getting rid of crappy services that do nothing - BE CAREFUL THO. I used - http://www.beemerworld.com/tips/servicesxp.htm but dont blame me if anything goes wrong - !

defragment your hard drives a lot.

get regseeker and clean the registry - http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm - again be careful. You can also get rid of unused startup items.

read all this - http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

sounds mega gimpy i know it took me ages to realise all this shit but its really good - made my pc much better. Hopefully that will get rid of cubase glitches.

If it plays back ok you could link the output of your soundcard to your input, and record it into cubase, making sure the monitor is off, and the levels arent clipping

laters

:fuckinpc:

Last edited:
2 Paradigm X: Thanks a lot mate! I do all this time to time, and my pc is clean, yet still clipping.
I solved the problem by exporting each wav channel separatly = works cool, a little longer but still really nice :D
2 dubsta2004: Sure will, the mastered version is almost done! :D It would be very nice to know someone is playing my tune :D How to contact you?

Back
Top Bottom