Compound Records goes out of buisness.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I just received this email in myin box. I think its a shame and I hope BBS doesn't follow them into early retirement.

Subject: ** COMPOUND RECORDS SF IS CLOSING **

To: Compound Records New Release Updates <djflux@compoundrecords.com>

Everyone probably knows that we’re closing our San Francisco location by now, but I wanted to drop a personal note (as personal as it could be when you’re addressing a huge list) to everyone thanking them for their support over the years. In case you’re wondering why we’re closing, it’s mainly due to slow sales which I think can be attributed to the whole economy in general right now. As many of you may know, the markup on records is minimal at best so any change in sales volume can be devastating.

During our 4 years of operating we’ve come into contact with so many awesome people and so many people that have given us mad support and love. Rest assured that we’re not getting out of the DnB scene, we’re just going to be focusing on different aspects of it (production, parties, djing). Once again, thanks for all your support and keep an eye out for us in the future!

Peace,
Evan

PS— Just to reiterate: we’re having a 60% off sale until Jan 24!!

---------------------------
DJ Flux
Compound Records
597 Haight St
San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
415-864-8309
http://www.compoundrecords.com
Listen to tracks: http://www.mp3.com/compoundrecords
---------------------------

i doubt bbs will follow. actually, they probably helped kill compound. bbs kicked the shit out of them in the internet ordering. so again, i wouldn't be surprised if bbs put the final nail in the coffin.

What an odd and delightful necro. Loved that spot. Short of Amoeba in the hay day, there never was or will be again as strong a bastion in these parts. Vinyl Dreams (a couple houses down from the original spot, on Haight st) still carries a tiny selection of drum & bass records and can make orders on request.

Long live :lighter:

i doubt bbs will follow. actually, they probably helped kill compound. bbs kicked the shit out of them in the internet ordering. so again, i wouldn't be surprised if bbs put the final nail in the coffin.
This comment is hilarious in retrospect :lol:

are there still any stateside dnb shops?
None to my knowledge...Joanna’s closed last year I think

Back
Top Bottom