composing a whole track

NCJunglist420

hey dudes, i been makin dnb for a while with fruity and im pretty good at coming up with little short loops, but when it comes to composing a whole track, i just cant do it. I read about a method where u can start by making a loop and then break it down and spread it across and go from there, and i tried that but my songs end up sounding totally lame or exactly like sumthin i've heard before. so can ne of u guys give me sum ideas of how to develop a whole tune? and maybe how to be more creative? heres a little clip of sumthin that i made a few minutes ago, maybe sumone can help me with making it into a whole tune. thx dudes.

Attachments

• untitled.mp3
    184.6 KB · Views: 84
youve got the jist of it nc,

maybe start off with an intro then gradually build up to the sample you provided,also higher the volume of the bass wen it drops in and variate your drum beats every other 8,12,16,20 or 24 bars.it wont sound like the same beat over and over again if u change the drum beats

also a variation on the bassline maybe sum low notes now and again where uve currently got high notes.
jus to add a bit of difference to keep people hanging on to what may come next.

also a break say 3 and half , 4 minutes in which is similar to the intro at the start jus modified slightly.

its all about the build up if u get that right with plenty of snares and variate the drum beat the rest will fall into place

dunno if this helped
but good luck
1~

p.s the hi hats that u got rolling, lower the volume slightly and increase the res of the snares (y)

Last edited:
Thx bro, im gonna try that right now, and in a day or so ill let u kno how im doin. THANKS for the help dude, i been totally stressed about this shit man thinking maybe im never gonna get good and shit u kno? I hope ur advice helps. Peace... :applause:

ok so here is a new one i started today and im liking it so far its only about 40 secs i think. but i have a million different ideas in my head right now for this one so im gonna go keep at it. thanx for the advice n shit dude, i used a bit of what u said in here. k so tell me what u think...

Attachments

• untitled new.mp3
    760.5 KB · Views: 78
nice samples nc

ur gettin the hang of it.

use everything on there for the intro jus take out the snares and maybe a vocal riff in there

then build up the snares and drop in the entire beat

full wit bassline and all dat shit

but vocals on that track would be sweet with those synths (y)

thx for the positive feedback man, im workin on a vocal right now. gonna try and have the intro finished tonight so i can start gettin the wicked shit down after work tomorrow. ill be back!... :afro:

Back
Top Bottom