Completely new to producing

Okay guys I have another problem... I tried to slice a bit from the amen break that I wanted to use, but the clip that I sliced became all busy and shit so it wasn't usable. Anyone know why? :o

Okay so I've been doing some very basic sounds now and I've encountered a problem.. Sometimes the drums cover the synth sound so you can't hear it and vice versa, how do I prevent this? (I'm using ableton live 8)

Edit: Can anyone recommend me a cheap midi keyboard? :)

turn them down man..

start with them at a low volume and then raise the volume untill they sit nicely in the mix.

Okay guys I have another problem... I tried to slice a bit from the amen break that I wanted to use, but the clip that I sliced became all busy and shit so it wasn't usable. Anyone know why? :o

What bit did you try to use... snare, kick?

Its sometimes better to just use the whole thing as one of the main drum elements coupled with punchy drum hits or to highpass it and use it as a backround break for authenticity.

Thanks man!! Last part was really helpful! :)

Edit: I'm having trouble with finding drums that sounds like dnb in ableton... Anyone have any tips?

they should have some good stuff???

just find some kick thats not too hard, and snare. maybe do some layering (more of the same hit together) and add a break in if u wanna. make sure the volume of each is suitable for each other. usually the break isnt as loud as the drums u had created..??

Back
Top Bottom