Complete Beginner!

i know i say it in every thread like this, but - pitch riding.
touch the platter as little as possible, and just ride the pitch. it's helped my game so much and it's just stupid. and was one of those things that was like 'why i haven't i been doing this all the time'. as it enables you to mix in the mix, y'get me?

just google it on youtube and you'll get some dude playing techno showing you how to do it.

alrite, i just bought my first decks off ebay and a load of vinyl to go with it after lovin my usb mixer where a double drop could be done with the touch of a button lol

I've set it all up and just rinsed the tunes
but now i'm guna try mixing and i've read the other posts and watched youtube lessons bout pitch control and beatmatchin, but does anyone have any tips and tricks that can get me going properly, wud b much appriciated, cheers

its all in the drums m8te, when i first started for a little while i used to listen to the mid and bass parts of the tracks when queing this just confused me, because the beat is more constant you can tell sooner when the tracks is going out.

You should have a look at the book, how to dj properly'. It explains everything really well. And says about ground wires etc.

its all in the drums m8te, when i first started for a little while i used to listen to the mid and bass parts of the tracks when queing this just confused me, because the beat is more constant you can tell sooner when the tracks is going out.

yh when im tryin to sync up a tune i turn the mid up on the tune im tryin to bring in so i can hear the snare better..sync em up then adjust the eqs to make it sound right then bring it in after 4 or 8 bars

Right off the bat get in the habit of using your volume faders over the x fader......your mixes will sound much smoother.
There is always 3+ ways of doing everything, so its hard to be too specific. Just practise and do what is comfortable for you.

i agree with the x - fader if the tune ur bringing in is to loud it sounds awful. i've seen most top dj's dont even touch the x - fader they just leave it in the middle and mix with the up faders:gun::boobies:

leave the cross fader in the middle when i'm bringing it
use the channel fader to up the volume of the incomming
and fade out which ever track with the actual cross fader as i get a smoother transition with that.

yeh i wana start djin 2 im jst guna get some of my mates 2 help me out. i dont think il hav any problems getin vinyl tho gt tempest records which is bad shop. what decks wud any1 recommend for about £250

safe

yeh i wana start djin 2 im jst guna get some of my mates 2 help me out. i dont think il hav any problems getin vinyl tho gt tempest records which is bad shop. what decks wud any1 recommend for about £250

safe

i paid 180 inc del on ebay for a pair of gemini pt1000's, citroniuc mixer and numark headphones off ebay in jan.... tested the water to see if i would take to sjing then sold thewm on and got 1210's, decent mixer and headphones when i knew its what i wanted to do :rowley:

Back
Top Bottom