For our second remix competition of 2014 we team up with Liondub International, a label from Brooklyn, New York specialising in any form of music originating from reggae: jungle, dubstep, roots, dancehall, etc.
The track you have to remix is Truespirit's 'Kill It Properly' from his debut Street Series release. Truespirit says that he tried to re-create a track he had always heard out raving in the early 90s at Lazerdrome and Paradise Club: “I would hear it when jungle was underground and dark. Basically the track is influenced by many aspects of early jungle rave scene with the strong digital reggae soundclash element.”
You can download all the Kmag Liondub Remix Competition parts here.
After you've finished your remix submit it to the Kmag Liondub Remix Competition Group by 1 June 2014 at 23:59 GMT and please note that your submission MUST have downloading disabled. For full terms & conditions go to the bottom of this page. Please read these carefully before asking questions about the competition.
The winning remix will be professionally mastered by Beau at Ten Eight Seven and released digitally on Liondub International. The winning producer will also have a chance to release a five-track digital EP on Liondub’s Street Series, receive a selection of our vinyl releases and a Souncloud Pro Unlimited Account.
One runner up will win a Souncloud Pro Account and a selection of Liondub International vinyl releases, including the three latest 12" releases featuring music by Liondub, Marcus Visionary, Noah D, Jahdan Blakkamoore, Reds UK, Delhi Sultanate, Mungo's Hi-Fi and Adam Prescott.
We spoke to label owner DJ Liondub about a whole host of remix related questions and for a brief to point you in the right direction, check this out here -
Terms & conditions
1. The competition closes on 1 June 2014 at 23:59 GMT.
2. All entries must be received by midnight on the stipulated closing date. Those not received by the deadline will be invalid to enter.
3. All entries must be submitted via the Kmag Liondub SoundCloud Remix Group Dropbox. Entries submitted via other means will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted by any party for entries not received due to technical or other delivery difficulties.
4. The winner will be selected after the closing date at the discretion of Liondub, whose decision is final. The winner will be notified within seven days.
5. Winner will be the remix submitted from all relevant entrants as the one most liked by Liondub.
6. 'Winning' means that your remix will be featured as a digital release on Liondub with full credit to you. It also means that you will receive the prizes offered by our participating partners. Winning the competition does not entail any form of financial reward for entrants.
7. If you enable downloads of your remix or distribute it in any way prior to the close of the competition you will automatically be disqualified from winning. If the winning remix is found to be distributed prior to release Liondub reserves the right to disqualify the winner and choose an alternative.
8. Your remix can be any style of music you choose and can be as similar or different to the original as you wish.
9. You may use as many or as few of the samples as you see fit and you may add as much of your own content as you wish.
10. Unfortunately we are not able to enter into 'feedback' conversations about entries, please use the SoundCloud group discussion page to solicit feedback from fellow group members.
11. Please do not submit unfinished tracks or 'works in progress'. These will be automatically disqualified.
12. You may enter more than one remix but note you are only allowed to submit each remix to the group once, so make sure your entry is the final version when you submit it. Resubmissions will be automatically disqualified.
13. Upon announcement of the winner, the winning remix must be provided to Liondub in either WAV or AIFF format prior to mastering.
14. The winning remix will be professionally mastered at Ten Eight Seven.
15. All parts made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of Liondub. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of Liondub. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of Liondub.
16. No purchase necessary and no proof of purchase required.
17. Liondub's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative and the prizes are non-transferable.
18. Liondub & Kmag reserve the right to verify the eligibility of applications.
19. The winner's name may be published on kmag.co.uk,http://liondub.blogspot.co.uk and Liondub & partner's social networks after the closing date of the competition. Liondub and participating partners reserve the right to contact the winner for permission to involve them in any post competition publicity and the winner agrees to such activities and shall make themselves reasonably available for such purposes.
20. Your entry must not infringe on the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights. By entering this competition you indemnify Liondub & Kmag against any such infringements.
21. Liondub & Kmag reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on kmag.co.uk.
22. Prize is subject to final selection. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Liondub & participating partners retain the right to offer alternative prizes.
23. Entering the remix competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are legally binding. Liondub & Kmag reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
24. The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by the law of England & Wales.