"Community Speedtraps"

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Moskit, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

So I got caught a few months back by one of these.

Basically a bunch of Village busybodies, with a speed gun off the old bill & a camera, clocking people, taking photos of the reg, then sending the info back to bill...

No Police present at the site.

The old bill sent me a letter a few weeks later saying I had been caught at x time, at x site, doing x mph & on this occassion they will just give me a warning, blah blah blah... But they will be doing further enforcements at that site again & action could be taken if I get done again.

So I get caught by the cunts again this morning...

It was proper foggy & one of them was fiddling around with the camera thing as I went past too.

Surely this isn't legal & they can't actually give me points?

This is Joe Public with Police equipment! You know at least one of them has had a kid/family member die on the road, thats why they're there... Conflict of interest anybody? Whos to say they ain't fiddling with the calibration of the device?

I'm worried as fuck, because I really don't know how many points I have on my licence!

& yes before I get abused, I know I need to slow down, if I get nicked by the old bill doing something, I hold my hands up & take the punishment, no whinging, no threads like this, but this is wrong...

There are so many variables, these people aren't the fucking Police, I don't trust them & niether should anybody else.

Anybody had a similar thing?

Opinions?

The phrase of the day is: "Busybody Cunt Fuck Wankers"

:mad:

2. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

HA HA AH AH AH HA HA . no reallly HA HA HA HA HA you CUNT. Oh sorry no what I meant was EK EK EK EK EK WHAT AN ASSHOLE...no it sall coming out wrong this morning. Its easy go park round the corner watch the cunts find where they live.terrorise them. Trust me same shits going on round here. fuckin nonces doin the copeers work for them....ha HA AH AH HA HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHHAHA

3. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

hahahahahahahahahahh , fuckin jobsworths .. well sort of , or just KAHNTZ

4. Moskit

I know where they fucking live, but 2 wrongs don't make a right...

My mrs had to stop me getting out the car this morning, because I would DEFO be getting nicked then.

I just want to know the legality of it all?

5. MC DONKEY DICK

MC DONKEY DICK BIG!

I think they're just more of a deterrent rather than anything else, I'm pretty sure the last time i seen something like this in the paper the case was thrown out of court.

6. Radius

HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA HAAAAAAA your misus told you what to do too ah ha hah HA HA HA HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA HAAAAAAA your misus told you what to do too ah ha hah HA HA HA HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA HAAAAAAA your misus told you what to do too ah ha hah HA HA HA HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HA HAAAAAAA your misus told you what to do too ah ha hah HA HA HA oh goish

7. Moskit

Thats what i'm saying...

Its bullshit, I will BLATANTLY contest it if they try it, i'm just hoping i've only currently got 6 points as opposed to 9 on my licence, otherwise, it don't look too good...

Now I gotta spend 3 weeks worrying my rass off, watching the fucking post every morning cus of these wankers.

& I must re-itterate, I understand I am completely to balme for my own actions, it was me speeding & like I said before, if it was the old bill with a camera, you wouldn't be reading this... My point is, I shouldn't have to spend 3 weeks worrying about my livelyhood & future if there is no chance any of this is legally binding, its bullying & scare tactics.

8. Radius

you on 9 points already then ?

9. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Surely if they are just regular citizens then it shouldn't count. WTF were police doing giving joe public police equipment anyway? I'm sure they can't get away with it. Your best course of action would be to contact citizens advice and see where you stand on the matter. As you said, what if they have calibrated the equipment wrong? I mean unless they are sad enough to have taken a course on instructing them how to work the equipment?
    Any way, I think the best piece of advice I myself, can give you is:
    SLOW THE FUCK DOWN SPEEDY GONZALES. THIS AINT NO FAAAKIN' RALLY SONNY JIM!:teeth:

10. MC DONKEY DICK

MC DONKEY DICK BIG!

I wonder if these people get paid to do this? Or is it just a hobby for them?

11. Moskit

I can't remember...

Its 6 or 9, i'm hoping to fucking god its 6.

Gonna check when I get home on my counterpart licence.

12. Moskit

It does worry me slightly though, it is a possibility, just look at those Highway Maintenence guys & Community Support Officers...

I'm pretty sure this is just a group of residents though.

13. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

there is some bellends that do this in my village. after corrie they put on thier high vis vests and go filming!
    apparently if they send ur info to the police 3 times, this is good enough for a SP30

14. Radius

Here's what to do. Moskit, find where they live. Swap their number plate for yours. Don balaclava. Bomb through trap at 100mph ( after 1st checking coppers are not about)
    replace numberplate.repeat until all residents involved loose their licenses .serve the cunts right

15. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

wtf? thankfully none of that in germany!

16. Moskit

Seen, how have you found this out just out of interest mate?

I hope its this... I certainly won't be fucking speeding through there again!

SP30?

3 points & a fine?

Another thing I just remembered... They're taking photos from behind, they can't prove who is driving, I know this to be fact as in the letter bill sent me it said: "If it wasn't you that was driving the vehicle please pass it on to the driver at the time of the incident."

No "Please inform us of the name of the driver." included...

I'm slightly less worried now, way too many loopholes in this.

Thank you all.

17. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

the coppers have to be visible with cameras. they're not allowed to hide round corners n shit. i reckon it'd be really easy to blag out of it in court.

18. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i moved to a village!
    if someone does something it gets broadcasted in the local boozer! (sadly)
    they were in there saying they were fucked off with all the speeding cars and complained to the police several times and eventually they kitted them out with a speed gun!

19. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

No mate you will be fine. Its mainly a detterant to make people slow down through the village. Ive also been caught twice. Theres a long straight then you go up te hill into the village and just as you pop over the hill, there they are, huge grins, fucking wankers.

At first when I got caught I was shitting it, thought it was the police!! I went back (slowly) and had a look and it was a bunch of old dudes with hi vis vests and speed guns!?! Of course I was confused.

Saw something on the news later that week about them getting abused on the regular etc and their was a policeman on their saying its not legally binding because of exactly what you were saying, they could fiddle etc. Its not a camera that takes a photo of your car, like a speed camera. People were complaining that they werent speeding and it must have been a fix and theres nothing really that the police can do, its your word against theirs, and their not the police so there word is not above yours. Would end up costing loads in court fee's etc aswell.

So a month later I get fucking caught again, this time I know they cant do shit, I give them a cheeky wave as I go past to greet their charming grins as they think they are scaring me. I didnt even get a letter the second time, result. I was probably going too fast for them to catch my number plate.

But in all seriousness, at the end of the day, they are not the police. They are not trained to be trusted police, for all we know the old bloke could be raping the shit out of his daughter and growing copius amounts of cannabis at home, whilst raking up gram lines of cocaine. I doubt they are checked for criminal record etc. The police are loving giving them the work and probably laughing at them whilst they sip their mocha latte's

Sorry for the essay. :)

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Classed as entrapment isn't it?