Common sound ID?

Avizura

Hi,

@4:22 (and throughout the track) - the almost laser-like sound in the background in this tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyIuiTiyN18 (State Of Mind - Snakecharmer) there is a sound, I've heard it in many other tracks too.
I think it sounds wicked and I was wondering what the sound was, where it came from and where I can get/buy/download it.

Thanks!

~Avi

9. Doc Scott Mentasm

The Mentasm - a mad edit of a unique synth factory preset - got its title from the song of the same name, after Joey Beltram resampled the "What The...!" preset on the Roland Juno 2 and processed it to bits. Apparently, Doc Scott (under the alias Nasty Habits) did exactly the same thing ... and out came a different result. We doubt even the Doc knew how he made this particular sound. Try to recreate a Nasty Habits Mentasm from scratch and you'll see what we mean.

Still, you can find this beautiful monster in the intro to Body Rock and Equinox by Andy C & Shimon, Street Level by Total Science and the wonderful Void by Digital & Spirit. The best example of the Nasty Habits Mentasm is surely on the very rare Metalheadz 000 at around 2:08, sounding a bit like a nightmarish banshee screaming underwater.

Quote from Kmag

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom