Commix Bassline

The basslines in faceless are beyond me, they still hav me stumped i cant figure it out!
As for most of there tunes (be true, japanese electronics etc) they use a simple bassline, its the terrorist reece bassline which is pretty easy to make.

If u got massive its simple, 3 sine wavs 2 of them detuned slightly in the opposite way (i.e one at 30 the other at -30) turn the formant setting on both of them an make sure the intensity is quite low on both, then the last sine wave leave as it is. Send the untouched sine wave to a low pass filter and the other 2 to a seperate low pass filter an hey presto terrorist bassline.

Theres easier ways to do it, ^^ this is following subfocus's tutorial on cm studio.

Personally i got taught it was a couple saw waves low passed slightly detuned that gives almost an identical noise. just gota play about wiv the detuning for it to wobble right really.

well that was a waste! i never even heard of this tune. sounds quite good. tbh that bassline is pretty much sub bass. just put any selection of wavs squares saws watever an low pass it then turn a thing called kbd which if u dont have means wenever u play a note that is high up on the scale it will compensate by upping the filter cutoff. which u can easily do yourself if u dont have a button that does it for u. you gota be a little bit more helpful i.e what programs are you using, have you got monitors? etc

I'm just using FL Studio 8 and a couple of editing programs.
No monitors. Cubase and Reason are lil bit hard for me.
:D

in that case its gona be pretty hard to make a subby bassline without speakers that can reach a subby level. your best bet is to go round a mates wiv monitors, or invest in some. remember all these big name producers have spent 1000s on equipment for a reason.

It is/will be hard. :D
But i have ppl, who would listen my stuff and let me listen if i have done something, hope you get it.
And currently I'm saving money.

Back
Top Bottom