Comedians that youve been to go see , live stand up bizzneish..

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Feb 11, 2009.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

am getting old and ive not experienced the joys of social intraction in a room full of hundreds of people laughing at one geezer on a stage...
    i bet its either pretty satisfying and soul cleansing, or its a major painful episode.. having Ric Waller behind you laughing a chewed up mouthful of hotdog meat and mustard at the back of your Barnet at a joke that wasnt funny,...souljah said you feel pressured to laugh at everyjoke...fake laughs are the worst,...the little pitty laugh, the sympathy chuckle that lasts approximately 1.5 seconds and fades to a room of silence, if you can pull that back your a relieved man,....

.id like to go see micheal mcintyre when i was really blazed, altho i think id die of chest pain, when you laugh that much you can feel your guts hanging out your ringer.thnking shit this has gone to far,no air left to breath out its just vaccumming my insides.. i suppose i dont wanna get too smoked incase i shit myself in that case..

anyway, who have you lot been to go see and could recommend , if i could get in a mini postbox and have a frantic powerwank so fast that time decided to reverse, id go back to Bill Hicks's era ,. , saw a stand up a while back of his .. true legend..

Al Murrey pub landlord .. eh? eh? ,"LUDVIG beautiful british name.."..:D , al murrey would be near top of my list i rekon..check this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Ek...72794E98&index=27&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Ricky Gervais is good enough to see live. Pure genius. Read his blog and all

3. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Couldn't be arsed to read all that, sorry.

I can highgly recommend Bill Bailey and Jimmy Carr though. Everyone knows their jokes, but live its just something else.

Went to see Jimmy Carr a while ago with a load of mates for a birthday and Bill Bailey more recently to see Tinselworm.

4. Gumby

Gumby New Member

take a breath ethix!

ive got tickets for dylan moran. should be a laugh

5. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

haha, yea was on a mission .. sorry , bill bailey is defintely top of my list .. wanted to go see part troll , shame

6. wobbie

wobbie Echidna

Ive seen quite a few live comedians in my time. These are some of the ones Id recommend.
    Lenny Henry
    Eddie Izzard (except that hes nothing compared to how he used to be.
    Danny Bhoy (a fairly unknown comedian from Scotland who is defo one of my favourite comedians ever)
    Jason Byrne (the main thing with his acts is the audience involvement so if you sit in like the first 10 rows then chances are you'll get spoken to/get on stage)

The best comedy shows Ive been to were the Bottom Live tours. They were amazing except the last one was so shit it was depressing to watch.

7. Gumby

Gumby New Member

danny bhoy is fucking hilarious

8. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

The ones I've seen and would recommend
    Lee Evans
    Bill Bailey
    Jeff Greene
    Jimmy Carr
    Frankie Boyle (Even though his humour is very dark)

9. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

av seen lee evans.

but al murray is my favourite comedian he's emmense.

gervais is more like a whacky teacher to me

10. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I've been to see Jack Dee he's very good and Harry Hiil twice. But once you see Richard Pryor's DVDs you realise everyone else is pretty insignificant compared to him.

11. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I have been to the comedy store in leicester square a couple of times. It's wicked if you go on a sunday night... they have 5 comedians (some famous, some not so well known) and its all improv... so its a bit like who's line is it anyway.

Always a good night out.

12. chanty

chanty Active Member

yeh mate i luv richard pryors dvds he a funny cunt. also i been watching jack dee live at the apollo, not for jack dee hes a bit annoying and grumpy, but he always has sum1 cum on for half hour to do a bit and omid djalili (i think its spelt right) the iranian comedian was funny as fuck, also frankie boyle the scottish bloke off 'mock the week' was good. Lee evans was good wen i was younger but a bit boring now