'Come To Daddy' Video - Aphex Twin

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Mulla, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Managed to catch the last 15 minutes or so of that 'Pop Videos They Tried To Ban' on Saturday, and what I saw was pretty interesting. Thinking it was all gonna be "controversial" videos such as Holly Valance's and Britney's, I was pleasantly surprised to see the likes of Nine Inch Nails and Aphex Twin featured!

Was quite funny as the Americans they interviewed for the show didnt really "get" Aphex Twin's excellent 'Come To Daddy' video (see my sig). The narrator responded by saying its understandable they didnt understand it as "the scariest thing they'd had before that was a lanky goth with a dicky eye" lmao. (presumable meaning
    Marilyn Manson)

Bit of a contradiction tho, as they had only minutes before shown a N.I.N. video that was far more shocking (but not darker) than 'Come To Daddy'.

Anyone else see the program, or seen the video? Thoughts?

2. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

COME, COME TO DADDY, COME, COME TO DADDY ...

Dark, that guy is fucked in the head, really. And on his interviews he seems such a low tone dude..
    Also well funny is windolicker video...the two black guys at the beggining, [​IMG]
    And the chicks, with Aphex's face...[​IMG]

And while were on his case, me thinks we nedd to see a colab of Aphex twin and Squarepusher...
    could scare the devil himself

3. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Windowlicker is a tune!!! Videos bad too!!!

Your right about the Squarepusher collab Gordus, some almighty nastiness would be born out of that one I would imagine.

Ive heard a rumour that Aphex is friends with Dillinja and can often be seen at dnb nights, dunno how true it is tho.

4. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

The king of originallity hangin out with the king of re-used patterns...nice...

(stop shouting, i iz joking...:D)

5. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

Come to daddy is a fucking awesome tune and cannot be beaten.. a mate remixed it for a religious play when there was a storm on the arc and i was sound dude pumping it max through the RCF 2018's, sound luvvely.

6. Twisted Murderer

Twisted Murderer Den Tammen Belg

The video is so cool. In Belgium we don't know censorship on videos :nurr_nur:
    One of the few things why Belgium is cool. Oh yeah the Windowlicker video is also very cool.

7. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

aphex twin & squarepusher have already collaberated a few times, no videos for any of the tunes i don't think, and on the subject of the aphex videos, you can get them on the chris cunningham director's label dvd along with several other video, the spike jonze and michel gondry dvd's are quite good too

8. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

Windowlicker freaked me out too.. anyone else? Haha.. nothin freakier than hot girls with their faces replaced my Richard.. ughghhsdasdgh

9. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

First time I saw the Come to Daddy video was a fair while after I'd heard it for the first time, the actual tune is scary as fuck, but the video is just twisted.. Really really dark, but you can't turn over if it's on!

Just to add to its dark-as-you-like provenance, it was featured in 8MM right at the end, where Nick Cage is after 'Machine'

Just noticed, 500 posts, I got me a new skull :twisted:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  10. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

yeah i got that vid!!! propa bo! I love all fuked up dark shit like that!

Aphex twin is darker and more twisted than ur wildest nigtmares!!! what a dude!

His dad was a psychiatrist and used to recommend his patients take acid!!! bo! o_O

11. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

doesn't richard live in a bank vault somewhere in cornwall?