College Course

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Anyone out there doing a college course in studio or live sound engineering or production? Any college/course reccommendations in the South?

Cheers (y)

Riisu is doing one aswell i think. showed me some of his work the other week and it was sounding pretty sick!

I'm at college doing 2 year course. National Diploma in sound engeering and music tech. Well worth doing. I would say GO FOR IT.

im doin sound engineerin an production an i fuckin hate it mainly becuase the teachers are fuckin shit i no more about cubase then them an ive only bin usin it at college.

Mate its fucking sick, on a course now.. My 1st project was to record some live instruments (great to know), 2nd project was to remix or replicate a track, and final one is to produce 30minutes of your own music! Also do lots of work on cubase and stuff. At Northbrook College in Worthing mate, if you live near, deffinatly worth a look

Last august I applied for a course at point blank that was free, went for the interviews and everything and got told i got in, then they emailed me and said the course was cancelled due to lack of funding or something to run the course.

So i applied for a music technology course at city westminster college. Its a HNC which is sort of like a foundation and requires 2 a levels to get into, sort of like a back door to uni. I dont have any so i talked to the tutor and he said he will let me do it if i think i could keep up. I have to say, when i went in for the introduction lesson i was fucking clueless lol

It is actualy a proper good course and they cover eveything. Music business, audio electronics and acoustics, computer music systems and production, studio recording and contextual studies. The assignments are like essays on setting up a computer based studio, creating soundscapes using logic and some outboard gear (they have a moog voyager) :not_worth others are making amplifiers to tracking a live band down in their studio.

Seriously if your looking for a course i have to recommend this one. It does cost around £1500 but you can easily get a student grant thing which is what i did and it didnt cost me a penny.

Back
Top Bottom