Collaboration Thread

TallenUSA

Vinyl Connoisseur
As I was browsing the forums, I noticed this particular one did not have a collaboration thread, or at least to my knowledge.

The purpose of this thread is to contact and link-up with fellow producers to catch a glance at the soft/hardware/DAW each person is using to create their music.

I have came up with a general template to use if you choose to do so:

• What DAW do you use?
  • What genre do you mainly produce?
  • How long have you been producing music?
  • What VST's do you favor?
  • Biggest influences (Anything that influences your sound)?
  • What artists virtually reflect your sound(s)?
  • Best way to contact you? (Email, SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?)
  • Links regarding your music:

If this thread causes too much havoc, feel free to remove it! I just thought this would be an interesting thread, especially considering this forum is full of talented individuals.

Last edited:
As I was browsing the forums, I noticed this particular one did not have a collaboration thread, or at least to my knowledge.

The purpose of this thread is to contact and link-up with fellow producers to catch a glance at the soft/hardware/DAW each person is using to create their music.

I have came up with a general template to use if you choose to do so:

• What DAW do you use?
  • What genre do you mainly produce?
  • How long have you been producing music?
  • What VST's do you favor?
  • Biggest influences (Anything that influences your sound)?
  • What artists virtually reflect your sound(s)?
  • Best way to contact you? (Email, SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?)
  • Links regarding your music:

If this thread causes too much havoc, feel free to remove it! I just thought this would be an interesting thread, especially considering this forum is full of talented individuals.

I think this is a pretty good idea!

As for myself:

DAW: Fl Studio

Genre: Drum and bass, dubstep and industrial (sometimes dark ambient too)

How long have I been producing: 1 year

What VSTs do you favor: Massive, Philharmonik and all the stock plugins on FL.

Biggest Influences: Noisia, Black Sun Empire, Skream, Akira Yamaoka and many, many heavy metal bands.

What artists vitually reflect your sounds: I don't know, really, as I don't have a vast experience on who are who inside dnb.

Best way to contact: pm here, e-mail (drvlockofficial @ gmail )

Link regarding your music: it's on my sig.

Yeah good idea.
I'm probably too inexperienced and a little bit left of field for most people to collaborate with, but what the hell...

DAW: REAPER
Genre: anything. I'm currently working towards understanding classical fugues, and also some neurohop? if that's a thing but I have produced jazz-liquid, harder dnb, house and odd mixes of everything.
How long have I been producing: nearly 1 year now, but not seriously: I've only made 4 finished tracks (only three are on soundcloud) and the usual mess of unfinished ideas.
VSTs: Synthmaster
Biggest influences: I don't listen to that much music, but Billain, Squarepusher, Minilogue maybe?
Strengths (I added a category): harmonies and chords, variation, playing the piano, rhythms
Weaknesses: sound design, not getting carried away with experimentation, compression, mixing...
Best way to contact: message me here.
Link: https://soundcloud.com/scrapheaper/thoughts-mastered

Last edited:
Nice idea Tallen

DAW: Cubase 4
Genre: Mainly Drum & Bass currently and some Dubstep, although the focus is DnB for Optimal Prime anyway. Used to do a lot of house and some trance but decided to switch into this scene. Find it hard to stick to one sub genre or style so I cover a lot of areas within DnB inc trancey John B to darker to smoother liquid.
How long have I been producing?: technically 14 or so years, however that includes starting from Music on the PS1. I've worked with Cubase for about 10 years now.
Biggest Influences: Always find this sort of question hard, but lately in DnB, I like Noisia, Mefjus, Stray, Sub Focus, Kove, Fred V & Grafix (despite their sound changing, becoming melodic and people whinging about it I couldn't give a fuck, some of it is good). Biggest influence though I can answer and that person is John B by far, ever since I got hold of Trance 'n' Bass CD in 2003.
What artists reflect your sounds?: Our music is always different and really would be a combination of said artists above, in addition to many more along those lines.
Link to music: click in signature for access.

Back
Top Bottom