collaborating online

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
So, me and a mate are gonna start putting our production efforts together, using cubase. Now while the most part of the work will probably be done at his reasonably kitted out studio, i would want to be able to work on our tunes at my own home, in my own time, or start a new one and send it over.

what i wanna know is, is there and easy way to send the project file with all the samples, patches, etc, all together? how so?

Doesn't the latest version of cubase have a connect feature that let's you collab online?

yeah, something like that.

get on the same software and you should just be able to zip the project folder up if you set it up right. i'd suggest just creating a new folder on the desktop for the entire effort. try and standardize your plugins to a specific range. IE waves effects plugins with z3ta+2 and massive, or something.

I collab online a lot and it can be tough. One of the better ideas is certainly just to work in "songwriter" mode - come up with melodies, sounds, and buzz them over to one of you acting as the engineer. I use lots of wavs for this reason, and I think you only want to be so much up in each other's production flow. naturally, the best idea is a studio day - with a few beers.

there is usually an option to condense a track so all samples in it are contained in a folder
failing that just make your own and zip it up and send back and forth thru aim or something similar

Would anybody be down to form a huge supergroup of engineers/artists/producers here at the DnBForum and do just this on a massive scale?

I think we should be called WickedSickPhatNasty

or the SteveJas Project

Are you down for that idea? Even if we just got 10 people, that could still be really cool. Or really fucking confusing, but whatevs. I like it. Make a crowd-sourced electronic artist? Innovative.

Would anybody be down to form a huge supergroup of engineers/artists/producers here at the DnBForum and do just this on a massive scale?

or the SteveJas Project

Create a dropbox folder and connect the dots =D Doit, doit!

or the SteveJas Project
the Ten Terrible Tits

Aight, I'm putting together a shared folder for dropbox, if anybody wants to give this a shot, PM or post your email whichever and I'll add you. I made 2 bass sustains and a pad/riser sustain to fux wit; I've never tried an online collab before so idk wutdafuq to do.

Aight, I'm putting together a shared folder for dropbox, if anybody wants to give this a shot, PM or post your email whichever and I'll add you. I made 2 bass sustains and a pad/riser sustain to fux wit; I've never tried an online collab before so idk wutdafuq to do.

Im in, just make a seperate thread tbh

Yeah me too, I've never done collabs before either but it will be interesting to see what everyone will bring to the table.

How's this work then, we all upload some sounds and hope for the best? :D Anyone got a project to use as a base??

I'm going to be throwin up a separate thread later today, I'm thinking I'll just make some sort of basic lil' melody line, save the patches/ableton racks, bounce everything to .wav and put them in organized folders and upload them + the .alp for it all. Assuming most people in are cool with Ableton..........lol we'll see. I'll bet for the first couple of days it's just gonna be a clusterfuck.

Ahh this is the part where I kick myself for using Fl studio right? :p
Also if we're not careful this will just turn into a remix competition haha

Back
Top Bottom