Collab tips

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I'm doing a collaboration with someone named Sci-fi, thru msn. Was wondering if there are any tips for doing collabs you got.

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to collab with a DJ or an engineer every once in a while. Since you can test you tune on their equipment.

The most obvious problem is what program you each use to make that tune. If you both use the same DAW things will get much easier. It's also a matter of having the same plug-ins to work with, unless you want to bounce riffs down to audio before sending them to the other chap. You should find out what software synths you both have, what samplers etc. and then agree to only use those that you can flip the project back and forth without trouble.

Fruity is very good for this purpose, because you can use all the native FX's and only replace them with higher quality ones during mixdown. This will ensure you both will have the same plugins.

mayby another tip, not really to do with the production is that if you are doing it over msn both sign up to the same file hosting website, so ur files can be sent quicker, and u can exhange loadsa at a time. costs a small fee tho

wtf msn can move for example zip files in one piece... no charge. And the upload is just as fast as it is to a web host, its about send speed.

But that would mean both would have to be online at the time.

The most obvious problem is what program you each use to make that tune. If you both use the same DAW things will get much easier. It's also a matter of having the same plug-ins to work with, unless you want to bounce riffs down to audio before sending them to the other chap. You should find out what software synths you both have, what samplers etc. and then agree to only use those that you can flip the project back and forth without trouble.

Fruity is very good for this purpose, because you can use all the native FX's and only replace them with higher quality ones during mixdown. This will ensure you both will have the same plugins.

I'm using fruity, and he is too. We both gave each other the right plugins and agreed on using just those. So no problem there.

But I would like to add that filefront is a good way to upload files, and reverbnation a place for audio preview of what you have done.

Back
Top Bottom