collab anyone?

I think working in the same DAW would make life a million times easier when doing a collab. You would still bounce everything down to audio (because of having different synths and plugins) but at least you could both load up the same arrangement.

Once it's bounced to audio you can load it in any audio sequencer and it will sound exactly how it sounded on the other persons system (depending on how good the audio engine is).

I think working in the same DAW would make life a million times easier when doing a collab. You would still bounce everything down to audio (because of having different synths and plugins) but at least you could both load up the same arrangement.

ye very true, but my problem is i always find myself changing melody and structure right till the end - so i like to keep a lot of stuff in midi.

this is why it would be cool to find another reason user who would be up for it & just zip the project file/n whatever samples together. all the settings for the inhouse synths/samplers would be saved, along with the midi meanin almost total customisation would be possible.

i can appreciate this is not everyones cup of tea tho

what kind of dnb u lookin to produce? am at work so cant get onto soundcloud atm to have a listen to your stuff

ye very true, but my problem is i always find myself changing melody and structure right till the end - so i like to keep a lot of stuff in midi.

this is why it would be cool to find another reason user who would be up for it & just zip the project file/n whatever samples together. all the settings for the inhouse synths/samplers would be saved, along with the midi meanin almost total customisation would be possible.

i can appreciate this is not everyones cup of tea tho

I miss working like that... that's how I used to do it when I'd compose an entire piece on the K. Triton.

Nowadays it's Render everything to audio and lay it out in sequencer, add more VSTi work, render to audio, layer, and layer.

what kind of dnb u lookin to produce? am at work so cant get onto soundcloud atm to have a listen to your stuff

i dont often set out with a particular style in mind, usually just write n see what happens

Being hearing good things from people who are beta testing Ableton Share, which should help with problems like this

http://www.ableton.com/share

Nowadays it's Render everything to audio and lay it out in sequencer, add more VSTi work, render to audio, layer, and layer..

Proto! Ever since you told me about this in a previous thread I have been working on a track in this way. Not using midi, just sequencing audio. It's really turning out quite well, thanks!

Just thought i'd throw that out there

Being hearing good things from people who are beta testing Ableton Share, which should help with problems like this

http://www.ableton.com/share

I'm pretty sure they've halted development of that to fix Live 8. Live 8 has wayyy too many bugs for them to be making new features for now (as posted by Gerhard himself, Ableton CEO). Here's hoping they fix it as I've spent way too much money on Live so far to have it unuseable!

Back
Top Bottom