Cold War II

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Catsel, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

im not going to give my opinion on this just yet.. i wanna know what other people think..

:end_of_wo

2. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

Hopefully it will be avoided, Russia needs to stop trying to push its limits by insinuating nuking Poland and other outlandish comments (off topic i know), and the people saying Russia was wrong to invade Georgia they were right, it was a unnecessary loss of life for Georgia, at the same time Georgia should'n have invaded S. Ossetia causing loss of life there.

Hopefully there won't be a Cold War, because of foolish men and women, always trying to excercise their power, Russia needs to accept not all countries near them want to be on Russia's side and want other allies in the West, and the West needs to stop trying to push Russia.

I will quote a poem to emphasise why a Cold War definetely should'nt happen especially since it can lead to real loss of life

PLU peeps, heres to real negotiation not immature threats and one sided judgements without knowing the full facts on behalf of the politicians on both sides, all too often politicans forget the real cost of war, and after two world wars you'd think people learn their lesson

So Abram rose, and clave the wood, and went,

And took the fire with him, and a knife.

And as they sojourned both of them together,

Isaac the first-born spake and said, My Father,

Behold the preparations, fire and iron,

But where the lamb for this burnt-offering?

Then Abram bound the youth with belts and straps,

and builded parapets and trenches there,

And stretchèd forth the knife to slay his son.

When lo! an angel called him out of heaven,

Saying, Lay not thy hand upon the lad,

Neither do anything to him, thy son.

Behold! Caught in a thicket by its horns,

A Ram. Offer the Ram of Pride instead.

But the old man would not so, but slew his son,

And half the seed of Europe, one by one.

I'll leave you peeps to interpret it, i for one know the meaning because i studied it for English GCSE hehe

peace, sorry if my thoughts are muddled im tired so im not thinking straight:)

3. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i couldn't be bothered to read your poem. but fair comments (y)

4. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

basicallyy because the leaders of europe could'nt swallow their pride and resolve their differences with humility, they instead chose the worse path and tried to defend their pride and in result destroyed half of Europe- aka WWI where millions died- very famous poem

I quote this because it's happening now, and has happened before, at least in my opinion, of course not all politicians are following the difficult path which is good by trying to be more democratic instead of brash and stupid and big ups to them

appeasement is different though, but i cant be arsed to get into that lol

i knew no one would read it lmao but hey im bored:D

peace

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  5. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

after everything that happened during the cold war still nothing happened directly between the US and the Soviets, even when they were barrel to barrel at Checkpoint Charlie both sides were too pussy to fire the first shot...

it will be worked out on the table over tea and biscuits at NATO/EU/UN once Russia have finished doing what they feel necessary

and the US, the UK & the rest of "The Coalition" hardly have a leg to stand on

Afghanistan
    Iraq
    Guantanamo Bay!!!

6. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

:ditto: about 5 or 6 lines an I was done

7. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

i already summed it up :hagglers: hehe

8. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

The political battle is that a lot of South Ossetians have Russian passport and Russia feels it is their duty to protect these people. South Ossetia was let go by The Soviet Union but it was never recognized as an independent nation.

The equivalent would be if say, for example, another country attacked or tried to invade the British virgin islands. The UK would be fucking pissed and compelled to protect their citizens. Same shit here with Russia.

The REAL reason, is of course, as always, resources. All you gotta do is dig underneath to see it. The United States control a lot of pipleline markets in Georgia and have a strong presence there, and of course the Russians are willing to control their interests as well. John "Stupid Fuck" McCain is willing to even go to war to protect such assets, which is another reason why that old piece of shit can not be elected as President.

Anyway, is this Cold War II? No, I don't think so. It's not about weapons anymore - everyone has nukes to blow shit up - but it's all about resources and oil.

9. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

John McCain makes me laugh my head off everytime i even see his face, you should see how they really rip it out of him on the American political satire shows..

10. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

john mccain could end human civilisation....dont fuckin vote 4 him

11. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

There's sooo many issues that I don't think there's an easy answer... along with resources there are several issues that are causing the friction...

Whatever does happen it's not gonna be like the past where the west and Russia completely isolated themselves from one another. There's too many things which they are linked to each other by... For example the International space station. The US needs to replace it's Rocket fleet very soon as the maintainence contract is ending and the current one has become unsustainable. In order to be able to do this it needs to rely on Russia flying to the space station, fuelling it, supplying it etc... Both sides have invested billions in this, so it's in their interests to continue to co-operate...

Basically I don't think we'll see a new cold war as it was in the past, but we will see a cooling of relations on some fronts and the west and the east may enter into an extremely complex and somewhat frosty relationship... Like 2 brothers that don't really get on but know they are linked and have to talk with one another...

12. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

vote for senator palpatine. ON AALDERAAN

13. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

LOL

14. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

I would vote for 20 palps than half a McCain on the spot.

15. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

haha, what a douchebag :slayer:

16. Fes Rock

:orly:

17. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

This McCain guy sounds a bit dodgy to me.... i wouldnt vote for someone who shared his name with a Chip company..... VERY DODGE!!

Resources.... well...... mr Crinkle Chip can go Ireland and get all the potatoes he could ever want!

18. Fes Rock

19. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM

20. Fes Rock

ohh i know. first pic i had put was larger than life...this ones more to my liking....but he gonna get my vote cha