Coke Vs Water

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Rock*, May 12, 2009.

1. Rock*

Rock* Member

FACTS ABOUT WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

(For a listing of the sources of the information about water, see Truth or Fiction)

FACTS ABOUT COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident. (Unproven, however, it is reasonable to assume that it's true since phosphoric acid can dissolve rust and grease and was used by the steel industry to clean products.)

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days. (Unproven, but fun to consider.)

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. (Source: www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.)

4. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China. (Source: Columnist Heloise)

5. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola. (Source: According to Joey Greene's www.wackyuses.com)

6. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion. (This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.)

7. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes. (Source: www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen)

8. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

9. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. (Source: www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen)

10. Coke will also clean road haze from your windshield. (Unproven, however, it is reasonable to assume that it's true since phosphoric acid can dissolve rust and grease and was used by the steel industry to clean products.)

11. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days (Unproven). Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis (Source: UC Davis Health System).

12. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials. (Source: Truth or Fiction web site - "My husband and I drive the big rigs and often carried Pepsi products...and it is true of all soda in the concentrated form...YES we did have to put the hazardous placards up for the load. Also the driver has to have passed the hazardous material test and have that on his CDL's (Commercial Driver's License)"

13. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! (Unproven, but according to the Science is Fun site sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Chemistry Professor, Bassam Z. Shakhashiri, the steel industry has used phosphoric acid to clean and rust-proof products.)

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

Quite interesting, although this did make me really want a glass of coke for some reason.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

coke pelase. i swallowed a nail yesterday

3. Rock*

Rock* Member

Jesus that fonts awful, I'll change it.

4. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

5. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

maybe so but coke tastes better!:rinsed:

6. Rock*

Rock* Member

Is it me or does Coke Fact number 8 prove absolutely nothing?

7. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

yea if anything its sayin coke is good!lol

8. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

its true what they say about coke, removes rust n shit...

9. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Eh, I like Dr.Pepper better anyway..

10. chanty

chanty Active Member

11. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

is gash

12. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

Good post man.

Makes me wanna drink more water, i am a juice guy for the most part. Been trying to fight drinkin soda lately.

13. DJ NiPZ

DJ NiPZ Member

I could do with some coke come to think of it ;).

14. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

gotta agree

15. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

i cant remember the last time i bought a can of something apart from beer/lager.
    i mainly drink milk now.
    i drink way too much milk

16. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

heard milk is not that great after your 2 years old

for beer, it's good for you (cept for the alcohol bit)

LIQUID BREADD!!

17. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

EH>

WUT IZ U CHATINNNN

18. Gumby

Gumby New Member

you know whats worse than coke? that revolting soda stream faux-coke shit that they give you at macdonalds. god that shit is rank.

19. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

We don't have that over here.

It's real coke in our mcdonalds :)

20. sammys

sammys Shelter Birmingham

its watered down tho