coke ed business

first things first, i like the over-all 'concept'.... and i feel the old skool jump up jungle flex for sure!

to me, mix down seems to be an issue... for the most part the drums are nice and crisp and in excellent patterns but they lack the punch to drive them through and keep this tune in 2009...

again, the bass is a wicked sound but it is being over-ridden by the drums too much?

seems like just mix down issues to me, eq and compression and what not?

hope that helps geez, nice tune!

first things first, i like the over-all 'concept'.... and i feel the old skool jump up jungle flex for sure!

to me, mix down seems to be an issue... for the most part the drums are nice and crisp and in excellent patterns but they lack the punch to drive them through and keep this tune in 2009...

again, the bass is a wicked sound but it is being over-ridden by the drums too much?

seems like just mix down issues to me, eq and compression and what not?

hope that helps geez, nice tune!

i felt that myself. not sure on how to eq the two seperately so they dont contradict each other.
any pointers on that?

umm... i think that bringing the bass up a little in volume, cut of a notch (with the eq) around the 100hz mark to sort that...

roll off the drums at around 80, but boost around 90 too... and compress a little?

then compress the whole lot a little?

don't know 100% myself as i'm still learning this bit of production myself!

Love the Bow Wow bline! Anything with Filter Mod gets me 99% of the time:clown:

Love the drums and the misc FillWork you've done!
Ooooh, that vocal is cool!

Overall, it just doesn't feel complete to me... there's room for more eerie Pad work on top of that one evil sounding Pad you've got going. Room for a lead or two... and the drums don't sound complete, I can easily hear a lot more Perc work being done but that's just me : )

:jammin lil tune you got - me likey:

I'd like a bigger kick during the main body of the song, and a bit more sub-i-ness about the bass. Have your bow wow as more of a tail on a big sub.
What ever. Thought it was pretty nice anyway.
Like Proto said, you could fit another pad/lead type thing in those upper freqs.

really like the intro, minus the doorbell. the drums sound slightly muddy and distant. if the drums were to really whip around with some shimmer, this would be ruthless. anyway, great idea, great bass, great patterns. looking for the final on this one!

Nice crispy basses! Drums need more
puch. Maybe this needs more details
here and there. Overall pretty good but
just more work should do the trick.

too many tabs open, okay, on to THIS track...

intro is good, nice roll-in for the drums, bass sounds are good. i think the drums could be sharper/harder, and the track could use some atmospherics, but once this is fleshed out and mixed down it could be a very good tune!

Back
Top Bottom