cn u check out this lil demo of a track im in the middle of making.

a 10 second loop consisting of a sampled break, 2 note bassline and a stab melody.
it doesnt demo anything very commendable in my opinion
my advice is to make your own break, go for originality.

i havnt had reason for long, still working it all out. That demo was just a mess about, I still need to see loads n loads of tutorial vids ect... thanks for the advise though, what help its gonna do for me now i dont know. I want to get into making liquid soul funk dnb but i dont know how to go about it. I need to know how to sample tracks, like from the 70s and use the samples... i need to be put on the right path.

well thats simple enough, anything with a record button on it can sample,
my sampler of choice is cooledit, or audition as its called these days.
put a 70s movie or record in the cd drive and record whatever bit it is you may want, and save it down on your harddrive.
sampling isnt very difficult at all, specially with the internet at your fingertips.
but you got the idea down, break, bassline and a stab, just make the same thing with your own components.

@raverdan21 - you need to be thinking about beats, bass, breaks and riffs before anything mate, samples and effects give your tunes another edge but they dont make a shit tune sound good. get an idea and work onit till it evolves into something you would say is 'good', also pratice on your program as much as possible learn all the lil shortcuts and tricks them tutorials are good but i find them boring i think its better if you get someone to show you how to use your program. hope that was helpful for you mate, good luck
respect

sounds cool to me but Im a part time dnb head hehehehe ;) is it the mastering you want feedback on or the contents. I think the contents are okay but 7 mins of the same loop would bug the fuck out of me ... ???

Back
Top Bottom