CMW - From the Depths (My First DnB Track!)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Chunkie619, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Chunkie619

Chunkie619 New Member

I'm open to criticism, particularly concerning mixing. I've been producing for around 8 months but i haven't produced many songs to my own taste.

If you post a track as a reply, i'd happily give you an opinion/ Criticism if it is wanted. (y)

2. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

certainly a good effort as its your first dnb track
    im new to production aswell so cant say much but i reckon i i like the track all though the snare sounds strange
    anyway keep at it the song itself is pretty good

3. Chunkie619

Chunkie619 New Member

Thanks man. Yeah i'm looking into buying some new samples as i've only yet to use free ones, hence the weird 'preset'ish sounding snare haha.

4. Ray Sparra

Ray Sparra Member

Sounds alright, Probably not a great person to take mixing tips from, but the bass end needs some surgery, i.e sweeping for rouge frequencies,sounds like you've got 2 basslines in the same range, sounds muddied, intro sounds very long and boring, tunes not to bad when it gets there, more interesting or shorter intro, (sometimes its best to leave the intro till last) find out about sweeping frequencies on eq, very helpful.
    good luck with it....(y)

5. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Ur elements sound very dryy, could do with some effects. Melody iseent bad. But ur drums nneed boosting for sure