Clubs hating on the Technics!

the decks at the club i play at are absolute shite, i have to take my own needles and mats, the pitches are fucked the stop/start button seems to have some super sticky substance in it and errr, yeah. But, we cope!

ye ive played on some right horrific set ups!!

ye tbf, we can all cope, but the question is, would we all prefer a nice new shiny pair of technics, instead of them buying 2 brand new pioneer 1000's!

i know what i want! VINYL!!!!!

Yea word, seems to be the case everywhere. When i played last week they had the new DJM 2000 Mixer or whatever, and 2 new CDJ 2000's also (which were awesome btw) but the same old 1200's that have been battered for over a decade.

ye people who play cdj's say 'ahhhh you should be moving with the times' etc ect

but thats bollocks, i started off playing vinyl, and i want to continue to play vinyl, fair enough i mix the odd CD
but its not nice when you get to a club and HAVE to resort to CD's because the decks are falling to pieces!!

Deck maintenance isn't difficult either. I'd like to know the club owners opinions when they are bringing out a new CDJ every 2 years which they will have to fork out for and if they don't want to, repair CDJ's to keep them in as good a condition for as long as a pair 1200/1210 will last. Technics are the most hardy withstanding pieces of equipment to play music from, for the little effort and cost it takes to repair one, its mind boggling.

Painful to hear...

But when those 10 year-old technics finally give up in most places...that'll be it pretty much as far as most clubs are concerned

By that time most ppl probs wouldn't have CD's anyway. Will all be digital

It's worse when they set it up so that the cdj's are either side of the mixer, and then the technics are on outside of them.

TOOOO TRUE!!! Its like an extra kick in the teeth! lol

Technics are the most hardy withstanding pieces of equipment to play music from
Ye exactly!! its not even maintainence really, a little clean after every use, = decks staying sweeet!!

But when those 10 year-old technics finally give up in most places...that'll be it pretty much as far as most clubs are concerned
This day.... i dread! :(

Problem is, thirty years ago people were walking about going "Those 1200's will last a good 20 years!" and they still are.

They have a perceived obsolescence of like a hundred thousand years so club owners go "Fuck getting new ones, these are 1210's motherfucker and they live for fucking ever!"

i would like to mix more of my vinyl when i play out but tbh because the cdjs are always so much more reliable i mix on them a lot if not the whole time

Id much rather go to serato/traktor when the inevitable switch does come. just cant seem to bring myself to mix cd's. Maybe if i mixed psy-trance or house, but not for DnB, thats not a slag to anyone that does, but you just cant beat a DnB DJ slaving over a heavy vinyl set! Safe

played a club the other night, the technics had the dustcovers on with the cdj's resting on those. lucky i turned up a bit early as the technics werent connected to the mains or the mixer and had no needles or slipmatts

played a club the other night, the technics had the dustcovers on with the cdj's resting on those. lucky i turned up a bit early as the technics werent connected to the mains or the mixer and had no needles or slipmatts

shabby

Exactly my point man! really pisses me off, club owners etc just imagine people are gona be using CDJ's for some fuking stupid reason!!

Back
Top Bottom