CLUB RENTAL LONDON

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by kenyon, Jan 6, 2009.

1. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

Does any one know of a decent place to rent in london been looking about but just wondering if any1 rented a good place b4 cheers

2. Goaty

Goaty INTAGOATY STYLE RUN WILD

what size ?

3. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

4. Goaty

Goaty INTAGOATY STYLE RUN WILD

Well I reckon about £3-400 unless you know someone....if you do repeat booking usuly get less hope that helps

5. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yep i know a fair few... but londons a big place bro.... narrow it down a bit and ill try get a few clubs for you...

but.... only if you get The Mutant DJs booked to play... hahaha..

6. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

central , south , west london

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

my best advice to you mate is to search on google for clubs in and around central london. Do some research on each of them. Check out pictures and reviews. Best way of doing so is going to DontStayIn and having a look there..

Make a list of all the potential clubs....

Then write out a template email which you can send... only after calling each club first and speaking to someone.... most clubs wont take you seriously if you just email them straight off. you will need to do this to a fair few clubs.

What you need to have prepared for the email is dates (have a few), possible line-up, the target audience your going for (dont just put dnb fans... write exactly who your trying to attract. ie Students, Older ravers, young ravers, the wine bar sort etc.), details of events youve done before (also detail how these went... ie... 400 capacity and 650 through the door etc..). Remember club owners arent stupid. If your going to put on a "Student Event" they are expecting the line up to be the likes of Goldie, High Contrast, Pendulum etc....

You will obviously need to visit these clubs at some point... no matter how many times someone tells you that a club is brillaint or shit... the only way to really find out is to do it yourself. People call clubs shit or brilliant for different reasons. Only you know what your looking for. Go there and check out the sound system... preferablly on a dnb night. Just so you know how it sounds and whether or not your going to need to bring in another sound system. Dont be afraid to check out loads of clubs. Dont settle for the first club you go to either as your dream venue might just be the next one on the list.

General rule of thumb for a club is £1 per head.... so... if the club had a capacity of 600 then you would expect to pay around £600 to hire it. Anymore and they are taking you for a gimp and tryin to rip you off. Dont be scared to point the fact that its too expensive and how much it should be.

Some clubs will let you hire for free... but will expect a cut from the door. ie... for every £5 entry, they take £2 and you take £3.... but then ask for deals on the bar... ie.... after £1500 bar spend ask for about 10%.... and after say like £2500 bar spend ask for 15%..... this sort thing obviously changes with size of club etc... but what ive detailed here would be ok for about a 200 capacity club.

This should all be done ideally 2 or 3months before your event.

Once you have a good venue and a date. Get the line up organised. Decide who you want. Make a list of all the potential DJs (you will need a fair few as some DJs/MCs may not be available on the dates you want). Find out which agencies these guys work for. Make another list, containing contact details (ie.. email, telephone and names of agents. For example High Contrasts Agent is tom@codaagency.com contact number is 02074568888)..... some DJs/MCs you will be able to book without going through an agent. This is always the best way as Agents add on their own fees. But these fees will go down the more you use the agency.

If you want to be profesional you will also need Contracts. This isnt essential but will cover your back if the shit hits the fan. First off.... you need a contract with the club. Stating that if the event is cancelled due to the clubs fault... ie... no electricty or no staff etc... then they have to pay all artists cancellation fees. Then you will need contracts with the artists you book. ie... if they turn up 50% late for their set you only pay them 50% of their hire fee.

Once youve done all this get your flyers printed. get your promotion done. I wont go in to detail about this stuff but im sure you can use your head to work out how you promote.

Then on the night.... spend the first couple hours shitting bricks cause no ones turning up and then spend the rest of the night being thanked by your mates for putting on a good night once all the ravers start getting their ass's to the event... and above all.... have fun mate....

If its your first event dont expect to make much profit... in fact expect a loss to be honest. anything more is a bonus.....

Good Luck

8. perspective

perspective Sex Drugs & Sausage Rolls

Wow Rock, that was a really good read mate, very informative.

9. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

:word:!!!

10. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Gogo Rocksteady!

11. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

all good....

i mean... im not saying this is the key to success or anything but it wll certainly help you get started and hopefully help you get your own process together...

im only talking from my own experience..... ive got 3 events on the go at the moment and this hasnt done me wrong so far....

12. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

yes mate nice one really appreciate that