Clownstep.. wtfs wrong with it

I never really 'got' Subfocus, druggy... wheres the hook?

I hated this tune at first, but the more I heard it the more it just made me laugh.... listening to it really reminds me of a friend. Those dodgy off-timed wooden spoon/saucepan sounds remind me of this absolute character of a mate. He isn't a druggy tho, not since years ago.

Garage and House...

it slowly started around late 93 when things got faster and darker, raves became moodier, and by 95 i had so many people say ' you still listen to that shit ' when a year or 2 ago they were wetting themselves to get their hands on a tape... good riddance to alot of those as they were just fashion following sheep, but i think overall the scene went through an identity transition, and was personally pleased when it dropped the cliched ragga sample with wobble bass and snare drilled amen.

i spent the majority of 94-96 mainly playing 'intelligent or Dark DNB' (more shit terms for sub DNB styles) like Bukem's GLR/LGR's stuff, Metalheadz and Moving Shadow etc, and rarely bought from the jungle side...but thats me, and each to their own.

interesting, I thought so. And thats mainly what I was listening to at the same time mate, deep influence from Ratty and Bukem, and local man Greg Packer.
:spliff:

I find the word clownstep an awful description for music. It is jump up and there is nothing wrong with it.

The people which complain about this sort of music are most likely the people which don't go out, and when they do sit at the bar stroking there chins complaining about the loudness of the MC.

BUT THE MCS ARE TOO LOUD! lol :D

I've seen a photo of you with your DJ COSHH T-Shirt on, had to laugh :D (because it looked good, not because I was taking the piss!) was probably funnier for me because I had to update my COSHH training at work not so long ago so it was more ironic funny than anything else :P but yeah, anyway.

er.

Not sure where I'm going with that. Whatever. THE MCS ARE TOO LOUD THOUGH

its jump up really.. some is good most is crap IMO... its all about what floats your boat..that was my diplomatic answer...LOL

I hated this tune at first, but the more I heard it the more it just made me laugh.... listening to it really reminds me of a friend. Those dodgy off-timed wooden spoon/saucepan sounds remind me of this absolute character of a mate. He isn't a druggy tho, not since years ago.

One of his best tunes imo

Back
Top Bottom