Clownstep and its origins..

My definition of clownstep as put in the RSA vocabulary:

CLOWNSTEP

This is not really a drum 'n bass style. Originally, Dylan said about the track Bodyrock by Andy C & Shimon that it reminded him of dancing clowns. Who thought of the term 'clownstep' is a mistery, but it should refer to typical cheesy, happy jumpup tunes. Clownstep is often a naughty word to the true junglist, mainly because it's a term used by people who can't appreciate some of the new flows in dnb, although that's what dnb has always been about. RSA loves clownstep, fuck those moaners and let them get their anal action.

I think it almost certainly started on doa.I think it sounds wicked and is really easy to make.its a different form,its appreciated in my circles and we all like a wide spectrum of dnb tastes.IT WILL GET RINSED tho. :nono:

Reactor Grits said:
Originally, Dylan said about the track Bodyrock by Andy C & Shimon that it reminded him of dancing clowns.

actually it was Keaton, not Dylan :razz:

to me clownstep is bollocks, people who can only create a skippy beat with a catchy bass line

imo, i wouldnt say they're wicked or ground breaking tunes in any way. just something that will sell for a few months and come and go as fast as they came

the Junglists know who's knockin out the good shit :cool:

It's bascially jump up under a different name with more 10 year old glued to a casio keyboard style synth lines. It's a laugh and I'm sure it'll mutate given time.

phono said:
yeah Keaton claims to have made it up, and Dylan started using it on forums, check the Keaton & Hive feature on doa

I noticed that, interview thing innit.. Maybe Dylan & Keaton should have it out, Celebrity Deathmatch style heh

i was led to believe that clownstep was in fact created by the Clown Monks of tibet.
One night after a heavy session of spiritual clowning, Brother Andy fell asleep, and lo! 'bodyrock' came unto him in a dream. Upon waking he plugged in the Holy Sequencer and played unto the other monks a track unlike any they had ever experienced, and clownstep was born. Or so I heard. ;)

Back
Top Bottom