Cloudburst - Sweet & Sour (N3uR0FuNK)

I loved the bass after the drop. It does tend to dominate over the kick in the sub range. I really felt the switch up that came along at about 2:00. The second drop didn't hit as hard as the first; it just seemed "smaller" I guess. I like the progression of the bass at 4:00.

Why is the track tagged "Cockshit Fuckhard"?

Thanks for the comment man! I think something must have gone wrong in the mastering process because when I look at the second drop's waveshape on soundcloud it just looks more quiet than the first one, witch seams odd. I'm no mastering-expert at all tho so what do I know, I just whack a compressor and a limiter on it and call it 'done'! :)

And yeah... I was just dropping a random tag for funs!

Drums could be way punchier, i feel like the snare in particular lacks some weight, good ideas though :).

Hm.. yeah, I can tell that you are right when I listen back to it now. It didn't strike me whilst producing witch probably means that I should pay more attention to it the next time. Safe, cheers man!

I feel like the snare lacks high-end and the drums could use some more power overall, but this is a cool tune, cool basses :)

Almost sounds like you automated a high pass filter leading into the breakdown and forgot to open it up for the second drop haha. Good ideas, I like the second drop too, just a bit bass lite. + the drums as the others said. I'll have another listen if you update it. Cool stuff.

Thanks guys! good stuff... And actually subprime, I went back and checked the project and you where spot on... the hi pass filter was accidentally sitting at 74 hz for the whole second drop haha. God I feel stupid, such a major miss!:oops_sign

It just didn't add up when I looked at the waveshape on soundcloud, but now I know why

Sounding good man! Bass is really fat, drums could do with a little more oomph. Greay start though, keep going with it!

With a neurofunk tune I want the drums to be literally uppercutting me in the eardrums. I don't think you need to compress your drums as they are, just give them a bit more volume. Also maybe try uptuning your snare a little so it sounds a little tighter. Not a fan of the trumpet-sounding bits in the first drop but your sounds are pretty interesting. Second Drop seems kind of all over the place, and the tune overall could use a bit more structure.

I think if you work on your drums and the overall structure of it you'll be able to turn this tune into gold :)

This track is good and full of ideas but as the others have said the drums are lacking a bit so better frequency splitting should do the trick. Overall this is a great track. :)

Back
Top Bottom