Cloudburst - Secret Lies

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by JimpaDirt, Jan 21, 2014.

1. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Ello! It's been a while since I posted something here, and it's mostly because I've had some trouble with getting shit done. So for this tune I forced myself to complete it within a day... sort of like an experiment. However I didn't stick with my schedule all the way and fixed the last stuff the day after.

So now I'm wondering what works and doesn't work. All feedback is good! The levels might be somewhat off because I'm mixing on shitty DJ-headphones / cheap computer speakers atm (I honestly have no clue lol).

Cheers! :doge:

2. Norax

Norax Member

pretty good mate, really like the drop... fresh and crispy bassline with a punchy break... liking the change-up with the beat structure around 3:40. but yeah, very well done :D

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Thanks alot man :)

4. ShirPan

ShirPan Member

id maybe get rid of that stabby-synth-padish-thing in the first part of the intro, just leave it the synth that goes alone after .23,
    the rest sounds quite good, maybe missin a bit of the oha!-moment yet, lead-bass sounds a bit harsh in the hi-end to my ears also (especially from ~1.30)

5. Ritual

Ritual Member

this could really benefit with some glitchy drum fills thrown around the place! good tune!

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Cool guys, thanks for teh feedback! Yeah I seam to have some issues with the high end getting kind of sharp. It's a problem I can't seam to fix really, I EQ out the spikes then there's not enough hi-end. Sometimes I wish I knew some magic... :twitchy:

7. Ritual

Ritual Member

it's probably those computer speakers dipping in the high frequencies & you overcompensating!

8. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

It could be! I've ordered some proper monitors now so we will soon know :)